you remember ASX? yamo just reported in the other day in outie.net :P

Rukawa - 12-24-2005 at 11:16 AM

Can I also remember the ASX crew? ..

Actually, I don't remember the crew, only the group :D

GeneralX - 12-24-2005 at 11:50 AM

haha, i remember ABS and ASX
for ABS, i only remember illusion and b000rt:D

IllusionX - 12-24-2005 at 03:31 PM

oh i directed it to h0rni,, cuz he was part of it :)

hehe... back in #mp3-asian (PGM aka Polygram) moved on to #ASX (AsianSoundXpress) and split into #LMF (need i say more about LMF? hehe) because of some shit asx rips..

#LMF!! what's where outie met us, rukawa!

then in 2003.. someone revived #mp3-asian and turned it into #ABS AsianBeatStation

hehe back in the days when asian mp3 music was hard to find..

Rukawa - 12-24-2005 at 05:35 PM

oh .. shh .. don't break out the #LMF rips ;)

Who ever has #LMF rips here should, you shouldn't! They're exclusive inside rips! :)

B0000rt - 12-25-2005 at 09:02 AM

Blah blah "OMG JOINT STEREO IS BETTER!"

Stupid audio bastards hah.

Who was that fool using that shit ass Xing MP3 encoder?

Rukawa - 12-25-2005 at 11:11 AM

Haha .. I think asx was using Xing and claiming there is no difference :)

B0000rt - 12-25-2005 at 11:52 AM

/
No it was just that one bastard that released like crazy in aSx.

IllusionX - 12-25-2005 at 02:06 PM

hmm... GK_braker ?

i can't really remember neither... but that guy used japanese coding for writing chinese... what an ass..

rukawa: you mean i shouldn't have them??

hOrnizuka - 12-26-2005 at 02:31 AM

oh asx! yes i remember this group! however i don't remember the crews. BTW i'm not part of crew, but im a regular of asx and other groups from their beginning til death :D. I've been dling mp3s since 1997(newsgroup, IRC(#ASX, #ABS, #PDM #ASIAN-MP3, ftp, etc.)). And I dled pretty much all asx or abs releases(majority of them are chinese). I think abs died first then asx. After that i moved on to torrent(best thing since sliced bread!!!). :D

abs's releases has never disappointed me. But not asx, their rip went down hill some time after 2000(can't remember clearly). However asx did picked up the slack later on.

Rukawa - 12-26-2005 at 10:58 AM

ixxx, you were entitled to the rips :)
I know some people that had our rips but weren't part of the group. We had a leaker!!

horni!! I think it was PGM wasn't it? They stole Polygram music or something and mp3-asian or something which was pretty much PGM or what not.
ABS had good rips but the people were jerks.
ASX had bad quality rip that seem like they took ABS's rips and xing'd it.

hOrnizuka - 12-26-2005 at 11:24 AM

the group is called Paradigm i think. :D

outie - 12-26-2005 at 04:39 PM

ABS for life!

B0000rt - 12-26-2005 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rukawa

hahah noone was a bastard, only oricum! ;)

I remember now, it was GK_Burner who pumped out all those releases like crazy using pos xing heh.

IllusionX - 12-26-2005 at 06:57 PM

Polygram was the name PGM. they had #polygram together with #mp3-asian

dime owned www.polygram.org and had lotta law issues with the real company...

aznkoz - 12-27-2005 at 12:47 AM

what the current group now O_o .. Was it #asian-mp3 up there .... cuz I can't search their site now lolz .
I used to went to one of the azn mp3 channel a lot back in the day ... was like before I joined outie maybe couple months :) .
Well, I dont know how I did find outie O_O .... just random search and it pop up . Tell me to find it now without typing outie is ... like telling me to jump in the sea and find the needle :P .
Now I dont even go to mirc .... haven't been there like couple months already .
Now I love BT ^^, the stuff up there is HQ and fast :p, well, if u find a good source :D .

Rukawa - 12-27-2005 at 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hOrnizuka
the group is called Paradigm i think. :D

I believe Paradigm would be a warez group .. specializing in games.

ixxx, dime had issues cuz of the domain?! haha .. awesome!

P.S. #LMF had a solid anonymous ripper as well ;) I promised not to reveal tho.

outie - 12-27-2005 at 03:34 AM

Where is dime? is he still around?

B0000rt - 12-27-2005 at 02:43 PM

that convict's in #japanesedrama right now

IllusionX - 12-27-2005 at 08:43 PM

we've got DaLeech in #japanesedrama too..he's been pretty much around since too..

and there are other lazy ppl.. who don't want to modify their auto joins... (carnality is still in #asx and #abs) and (diversion aka s0jir0.. god knows what he does on IRC)

b0000rt, remember jetgirl? katy watts.. she's lost also..

Rukawa - 12-27-2005 at 11:53 PM

Are they still releasing?

GeneralX - 12-28-2005 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by outie
ABS for life!

agree
that was my first source of 192 kb mp3s when i still didn't know shit about finding asian MP3s:)

I was a pure leecher back then, heh

GeneralX - 12-28-2005 at 12:36 AM

Quote:
I know some people that had our rips but weren't part of the group. We had a leaker!!

horni!! I think it was PGM wasn't it? They stole Polygram music or something and mp3-asian or something which was pretty much PGM or what not.

i didn't like ASX rips mainly because all their MP3s had variable bitrate?
and they had not enough fserv... every server was 100+ in queues:blink:

Rukawa - 12-28-2005 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralX
Quote:

i didn't like ASX rips mainly because all their MP3s had variable bitrate?
and they had not enough fserv... every server was 100+ in queues:blink:

You mean xdcc bots? Because those are the shit .. fservs are a PITA to use .. I hate them! Plus they're usually slow because they're hosted by users on their shitty connection or capped rates.

aznkoz - 12-28-2005 at 05:15 PM

Right ... I remember an asian mp3 channel that have good xdcc bot :), well, at least it is fast eventhought there are only about 3+ of them :) . But the thing is xdcc only have the same thing over and over again, unless they got more stuff coming . Fserve got more stuff cuz they are leecher like us instead of distribution bot like those xdcc:P .

dumee - 12-28-2005 at 08:13 PM

gk_burner not gk_braker (funny though)

I was in vcdhk before it merged with asx to become asxvcd. I remember the abs versus asx days. Gave up irc for the most part nowadays. Though the higher members on vcds might remember me..way way way long ago.

B0000rt - 12-29-2005 at 12:26 AM

Quote:
You mean xdcc bots? Because those are the shit .. fservs are a PITA to use .. I hate them! Plus they're usually slow because they're hosted by users on their shitty connection or capped rates.

Hey, F YOU! I had a good ABS Fserve, pushed atleast a gig a day of shit! 100KB upload man! :P

yamo - 12-30-2005 at 06:29 AM

all your base are belong to me!

wazzap!

seiichi - 1-15-2006 at 01:02 AM

this is an old threat but its funny that ppl were talking about asx/abs on here.

i think i will to show GK this thread. he would get a kick out of it.

hi every1 from baka to yamo to batt to gk to time to whoever i forgot. = )

IllusionX - 1-15-2006 at 01:49 PM

finally seiichi found the thread.. :P

yamo - 1-18-2006 at 03:46 AM

hahaha.
I still talk to baka a lot btw.

borimor - 1-18-2006 at 10:31 AM

OMG the good old days!!! Oricon and gk_burner hahaha..

I remember making ghetto website for abs.

IllusionX - 1-19-2006 at 07:46 PM

OMFG< wtf!! borimor is here too....!!

Roxstar - 1-23-2006 at 10:57 AM

LOL Seiichi showed me this post lol hahaha.....

WoW + Work = No Life!

Btw, im gK.

Later....

Roman - 8-23-2011 at 11:56 PM

Was looking for info on #VCDHK, stumbled upon this old thread. I was one of the channel cofounders along with another guy, but my memory is hazy so maybe I'm making shit up :D

If I remember right, we started in early 2000 as an alternative to the big boys at #HKVCD. Were pissed off at them for some reason. Other than a few bot wars, not recalling much at all. Merger with aSx sounds vaguely familiar, but I probably wasn't involved much in the channel by then.

From the aSx NFO:

Quote:

Established in January 1999, aSx consists of a group of dedicated Asian-entertainment enthusiasts who are deeply interested in sharing and discussing topics related to Asian music, movies, and/or other forms of entertainment. Rather than committing to a passive voice within the vast online community, aSx has chosen to actively spread Asian music and videos through various technological means. All types of Asian media are favored, including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese. It is our goal to spread the word about Asian entertainment; in order to do this we feel you must hear and see in order to understand. Therefore, we regularily offer new top quality releases in popular formats to suit the tastes of both the selective and the eclectic Asian-entertainment lover.

In addition to our existing music department, we now bring you aSxVCD to enhance our efforts in maximizing your Asian entertainment experience. Established in late year 2K hrough a merger with VCDHK, aSxVCD make a great extension to our solid family. Asian Sound Xpress - the Internet's flagship Asian media group.

aznstyle - 9-9-2011 at 08:45 AM

aSx I remember those days :-). Does anyone remember me? haha.

IllusionX - 9-20-2011 at 04:39 AM

yeah, but all those release groups went dead when the chinese came into the game play and released albums, movies,tv series the day it comes out... nobody bothered listening to our rips released months later...

borimor - 3-2-2012 at 11:29 PM

Do IRC music release groups for asian music still exist?

B0000rt - 12-24-2012 at 04:14 PM

Shit, what's everyone been up to? Who's married and Who has kids? :D

Hah, why's Bormior banned?

IllusionX - 12-28-2012 at 07:29 PM

omg you revived the thread..!!

Shootingstar - 12-28-2012 at 08:42 PM

I hate to be that guy who derails things... BUT.
hOrnizuka's avatar... Who is she, because I have been talking with a girl on a dating site using a photo of this girl for a long time...

http://www.gk2gk.com/members/profile.aspx?MemberId=355733&c=y

Why is everyone I meet fake :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((