outie.net Media Portal

The Song Thread **(New: GeneralX - Fu Si San Ha)**
SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 06:39 PM

This thread is for members to sing, record, and post their songs. I will be updating the title of this thread everytime there's a new song, and as well, i'll be editing and putting all the links of the new songs under this msg.

You may upload your files to this server for unlimited downloads.
http://savefile.com/

**If downloads don't work, try right clicking and choosing save as..

10/22/05 SilentWish - Fan Fan Ji Bui (Plain People)

2/4/06 SilentWish - Dai Sam Jei (Third Person)

2/5/06 SilentWish - Sing Gok (Wake Up)

2/7/06 iChi - Mo Lai (Jerk) <-- remixed

2/7/06 GeneralX - Yan Loi Yan Wong (People Come and Go)

2/7/06 trio - Jik Yeung Mo Han Ho (The Sun is Beautiful)

2/8/06 iChi - Bai Muk Yap Sun (Close Eyes)

2/8/06 iChi - Seung Sum Dik Siu Ying Mo (The Sad Parrot)

2/8/06 IllusionX - Yat Gui Doe Mei (Last Word)

2/10/2006 SilentWish - Dai Dang Dung Mut (Low Class Animal)

2/11/2006 GeneralX - Yeh Kook (Night Song)

2/11/2006 SilentWish - Si Gwong Do Lau 20 Lin (Back 20 Years)

2/12/2006 iChi - tung wah (Fairy Tale)

2/12/2006 GeneralX - Ah Ngau (Cow)

2/12/2006 IllusionX - Yau Ching Sui Yuet (Age of Friendship)

2/12/2006 iChi - Ah Ngau (Cow)

2/13/2006 iChi - Yau Gung Ching (Friends and Love)

2/13/2006 xtorox - Machi

2/13/2006 iChi - Seung Yi Wai Ming (Dependent For Life)

2/14/2006 myk - Seung Duk Tai Yuen (Thinking Too Far)

2/14/2006 iChi - Sun Jan Chuen Suet (Pure Legend)

2/14/2006 IllusionX - Chat Yau (Seven Friends)

2/15/2006Galata - Hay Jung Yau Hay (Act inside Act)

2/16/2006 iChi - 1874

2/24/2006 iChi - Ming Leen Gum Yat (Next Year Today)

3/5/2006 iChi - Do Si Nei (Still You)

3/16/2006 xtorox - Dui Min Dik Lui Hai Hon Gwoh Loi (Girl in Front Look Over Here)

4/27/2006 Gekkeijyu - The Sweetest Gift

7/4/2006 iChi - Ming Leen Gum Yat (Next Year Today) Duet Version

9/17/2006 iChi - Yat Chai Wan Ho (Everything's Still Good)

9/17/2006 iChi - Go Mui (Tall Girl)

11/20/2006 Jedysh & Kedysh - Song for the unknown

12/22/2006 SilentWish - Yung Hay (Courage)

2/24/2007 GeneralX - Fu Si San Ha (Under Mt. Fuji)

Tilter - 2-8-2006 at 07:14 PM

I think that you should gather all the old songs, cause it would seem like such a waste to not have them here. Like they should be archived and everything, just so that outiens can see where this thread started, namely the songs posted by you, ichi, etc.

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 07:34 PM

done~ :)
please excuse my rough chinese-english translations

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 07:51 PM

NIcely done silentwishhhuuuu!!! ...XDD dont worry botu the translate..as long as ppl knwo wt it is .....nothing is wrong ^__^

o ..btw....i fianlly found a song...yet ronald lol...but i didnt have to screech or yell !! Lol...

here u have it

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BL76G7Y0Y4XO1SD2G0GZCZ9SR

i acutally think this might be the ...best one i have for now...compared to my other..ones which are ...more....problematic XDD hope u guys like it!
now..onward to studying!!

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 07:58 PM

yes ichi~ this is the best song you've sung so far~ stable throughout the whole song~ and good quality recording as well~ good job! :cheers:

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 08:10 PM

WHOA silent wish.....so...QUICKLY updated lol.i was liek...i probably wont get any sort of comment till like 12 or somthign XD...but thx!! i'll...try to do even better NEXT time ! :D:D

myk - 2-8-2006 at 08:12 PM

recording was great, ichi!! :) gotta agree, best song you've sung so far! keep up the good work! everytime I hear this song, I can't help but think of Ronald's funny accent.. lol :D once again, good job!! :)

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by iChi
WHOA silent wish.....so...QUICKLY updated lol.i was liek...i probably wont get any sort of comment till like 12 or somthign XD...but thx!! i'll...try to do even better NEXT time ! :D:D

haha just trying to give my support and do my job~ :D

i'm on outie very often so i hope i'll be as fast as i can in updating this thread~ :)

fobboyray - 2-8-2006 at 08:21 PM

nice silentwish you sang sing gok
that is my fav song right now
you sang it VERY VERY good

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fobboyray
nice silentwish you sang sing gok
that is my fav song right now
you sang it VERY VERY good

haha thanks fobboyray~ oh man good thing i put all the songs here.. cause i sang sing gok just cause you reminded me about it~ and i thought you just listened to it and didn't give any comments cause it wasn't up to your expectations~ if you didn't listen to it.. there'd be like.. no point! lol :D jkjk

thanks for your support man~

daaznnikeboi3 - 2-8-2006 at 09:10 PM

Hmm, just a suggestion: maybe when you add a new song, post the date by them so people will know when. I mean if you have like 20 *New*, some people might get confused. Just a suggestion though.

Also, doesn't yousendit have a limit of 25 downloads and only lasts a week? I guess I can help upload to my filefront if needed so.

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 09:12 PM

i thought about that but didn't do it lol :P cause i'll take the current songs off the new list once there are NEWer songs
but now that you've brought it up.. i'll add them in~

and i was JUST gonna ask that question daaznnikeboi3..

maybe the members can pm me with a new link once they think their file as expired on the server? or try to find permanent server..? :)

FroggyStyle - 2-8-2006 at 09:34 PM

hopefully this will help..haven't tried but just came across it

i got this from another forum.

NEVER DYING YOUSENDIT LINKS-

1) Go to yousendit.com and upload your file.

2) After you get your link, which will look something like this:

s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MLLVQX839XDK2OJP9YXYJQ6RP

3) Go to yousendit.digitekk.biz

4) Inside of the top text field put the s26 (that number will obviously be different on all links, I am just using this as an example.)

5) Inside of the lower text field put the 0MLLVQX839XDK2OJP9YXYJQ6RP (these #'s will be different on all links as well.)

6) Finally click the button below.

You will now get a new link which can't be block and also has unlimited downloads.

JiNuWiNe - 2-8-2006 at 09:35 PM

mo lai does work SW!. link sends me to a market item that doesn't exist!

IllusionX - 2-8-2006 at 09:36 PM

http://illusionx.dyndns.org/ixxx/jordan.mp3

i've only had 3hours of sleep last night... dead tired.. lamo.. i should've edited the song.. you can hear me clearing my throat at the begining.. :wacko:

and i always mess up on some words... grr...

myk - 2-8-2006 at 10:00 PM

the music was kinda odd since the volume was odd.. but nevertheless, good job IllusionX!! :) watch out for the beats and music cues.. I really like your voice though, it sounds like this friend of mine and I love his voice!! were you yawning at the end? lol :D aww.. go get some rest!! then record some more!! :) good job!!

*EDIT: oh gosh!! I forgot to mention this AGAIN ~.~" GREAT JOB your doing SilentWish!! it's so organize here!! :)

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FroggyStyle
hopefully this will help..haven't tried but just came across it

i got this from another forum.

NEVER DYING YOUSENDIT LINKS-

1) Go to yousendit.com and upload your file.

2) After you get your link, which will look something like this:

s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MLLVQX839XDK2OJP9YXYJQ6RP

3) Go to yousendit.digitekk.biz

4) Inside of the top text field put the s26 (that number will obviously be different on all links, I am just using this as an example.)

5) Inside of the lower text field put the 0MLLVQX839XDK2OJP9YXYJQ6RP (these #'s will be different on all links as well.)

6) Finally click the button below.

You will now get a new link which can't be block and also has unlimited downloads.

wow thanks for the info~ does that method still work after the link has expired? perhaps the members can upload their songs again then and send me the new links? :)

and illusionX, your clear throat sounds like it's part of an introduction of the song :P your voice is alrite~ but you gotta work on the rythm of the song cause you're off most of the time~ but that's alrite~ thanks for joining us in posting songs~~ keep it up and post more for us~ we can all improve with each other :headbang:

EDIT* haha you're welcome myk :)

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 10:36 PM

yah IlluX , NICE CHOICE OF SONG!! XD , i liked the part before the MAIN middle chrous around 1:20 cuz that part was quite well done,
in my opinion, slower / love songs might suit ur taste better, so the tempo is easier to pick up, then as u can adapt to different tempos, u'll be the master!!! XD GOOD JOB!! keep trying!! and pOST MORE! XD
and did u SIGH in the end!? XD

edithttp://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3C710UYDNOPL81YDOAZAUFCIT4

jinuwine was looking for it =p
o s-wishhhuuu please ....some how uplaod this LOl..cuz before i used market ....and outie didnt like it = so i re-uped it on YSI, but i didnt do the FUL lsteps LOl....soryr bout that ...o i resang hte song by teh way...if ur still interested ..check it out, its just hte VERY END i missed that ONE note..but i dont feel like RE-RECORDING it for ONE note..i apologize for that lol..and the MIXING this time acutally ...MIGHT be a lil better..than teh LAST tiem lol..since i had no idea how ot mix back then =p=p so yaH!!!

myk - 2-8-2006 at 10:44 PM

I think the music was a bit off throughout the song.. it's either you're off-beat or maybe you mixed the clips at the wrong beat? it's really hard to focus cause it gets really off when the music doesn't blend well.. but your voice sounds better in this clip this time, ichi! :) nice job!

*EDIT: no prob ichi ;)

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 10:46 PM

HM...maybe i shud mix it a lil better....so gonna take link off for a sec =]

thxxxx myk XDDD

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 10:48 PM

done the update ichi

hmm.. did you remix the whole song..? cause i think the whole song's outta rythm now.. but that's a very normal case when mixing at first~ maybe try mixing it again and listen carefully? :) cause your rythm is slow throughout the whole song~

xtorox - 2-8-2006 at 10:52 PM

yo if the key is too high for u.. low the guy.. and find a comfortable key for ur voice.. cuz sometimes if u force.. it will just kill ur voice.. and ur throat haha~
so yea.. b careful..

one thing..
never sing while lying on ur bed or anywhere..

it's not good.. i got that.. from a music vocal teacher.. i still dont know the reason
just know that's it's not good

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xtorox
yo if the key is too high for u.. low the guy.. and find a comfortable key for ur voice.. cuz sometimes if u force.. it will just kill ur voice.. and ur throat haha~
so yea.. b careful..

yes sir!! cuz at first i always try to IMITATE the orignal singer...then...i realize i can hit the stupid note LOl...so..instead im going all low...for now...so its consistent...like...the songs i did today..[mo lai and...the parrot] ..i did it wiht liek...my comfortable voice...cuz ...also if i try to be higher pitch when ..i have to..GET it to be high..and MAINTAIN it for hte whole and ...all the HIGH notes in teh choruses...its kinda hard..since im already on a high pitch...then going HIGHER is even harder = ...is there a way to...practice..reaching higher notes? :scratch:

Quote:

one thing..
never sing while lying on ur bed or anywhere..

it's not good.. i got that.. from a music vocal teacher.. i still dont know the reason
just know that's it's not good

haha how bout SITTING on my bed ....cuz dats how i record all my songs =p

and nice advices XD

Quote:

done the update ichi

hmm.. did you remix the whole song..? cause i think the whole song's outta rythm now.. but that's a very normal case when mixing at first~ maybe try mixing it again and listen carefully? cause your rythm is slow throughout the whole song~

thx sww!! ...ok since u uploaded it ..then ..im not gonna bother..RE-RE-upping hte song =p i reSANG the song and reMIXED teh song..so i did it from scratch..1) so its.....better quality 2)...it sounds a lil betteR?

i dont really know why..cuz i play WINAMP while..recording ...liek from time 0:00:00, so technically...as long as i find the right spot to MIX it in...my voice should be ..eXACTLY where its SUPPOSe to be...like...i went mixing and...i even used 4 digits for a second lol...but ...it turned out ders alwyas times where im too slow / fsat...= i dunno ...maybe experience will help

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 11:02 PM

that's alrite ichi.. so do you want me to just put that yousendit link back on now? or do you have a new link?

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 11:13 PM

nah dont worry bout it, i'll just leave it as it is XD ( cuz i ddint save the new one, and i closed it =p) and MAn...we're officially working and running!!XD but yah taht idea of the collab...sounds wonderful!!

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 11:23 PM

haha it does~ i've done mixes like those with friends before and it's very fun~

and yes~ glad that we have a section for posting our songs~ our effort deserves their own section :P

iChi - 2-8-2006 at 11:34 PM

ahaha definitely ...now we jsu gotta get MORE ppl to be joining us..in this .... thing XD ANyway enuf song-ing for a day....MORE TMR!!! XD i can feel this jordan chan coming up ...du ndu ndunnnnnnnnn neway nights ppl!

SilentWish~* - 2-8-2006 at 11:38 PM

lol i've been too busy today so couldn't record my song.. but i guess i'll be recording one this coming weekend ;)

FroggyStyle - 2-9-2006 at 02:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by xtorox
so yea.. b careful..

yes sir!! cuz at first i always try to IMITATE the orignal singer...then...i realize i can hit the stupid note LOl...so..instead im going all low...for now...so its consistent...like...the songs i did today..[mo lai and...the parrot] ..i did it wiht liek...my comfortable voice...cuz ...also if i try to be higher pitch when ..i have to..GET it to be high..and MAINTAIN it for hte whole and ...all the HIGH notes in teh choruses...its kinda hard..since im already on a high pitch...then going HIGHER is even harder = ...is there a way to...practice..reaching higher notes? :scratch:

try falsetto cuz we all know how comfortable taht is =P

IllusionX - 2-9-2006 at 08:59 AM

lamo.. i was dead tired. i couldn't follow for shit..

let me try another song :P

GeneralX - 2-9-2006 at 12:12 PM

iChi - Bai Mook:
yeah, this one is better than the first one, heh
but the breath control still needs little work, other aspects are ok:)

iChi - Seung Sum Dik Siu Ying Mo:
the feel is pretty good in this one
a little bit too much 'nasal sound', having a flu?:)
hmm.. the end of the song is so sad, yet the melody is joyful :wacko:

anyway, support you, good job

GeneralX - 2-9-2006 at 12:16 PM

IlluX:
i think you should use 'daan tin' to hold your notes, not stable enough
and some off beat too

no worry, practice, you'll get better;)

iChi - 2-9-2006 at 12:30 PM

THxxx GenX ( altho it sounds liek.GeniX when u pronounce it =p ...maybe i should try jsut saying GX lol..) !!! ....XD nahh not really a fluu...just a stuffy nose XD ..oops lol...i know i shoulda made it happy thru out =p BUT then the words....its a ....SAD parrot...never wanted to sing agian XD .....( this is jsut bs =p) but hey..thx again!! XD ...

(i cant stop looking at ur dancing piggy loll)

SilentWish~* - 2-9-2006 at 01:46 PM

hey ppl~ found a place to host your songs for unlimited downloads

http://savefile.com/

i'll post this on the first post as well :)

iChi - 2-9-2006 at 01:59 PM

wonderful!!!!...cuz i mean..evnetually my...songs will be expired LOl.>EVERYONE GOT THEIR OWN SERVER!!! i want my own ftp!! >__< so ..convient lol... nice find swish

SilentWish~* - 2-9-2006 at 02:25 PM

oh well actually.. there's a catch~ if no one downloads the song for 14 days.. the song will be delete :(

but i guess it's better than expiring after 25 downloads..? :P

iChi - 2-9-2006 at 02:38 PM

yahh i think DAYS....is better than / download..lol...since...in 14 days u can download unlimited XD...

side note...are u at school?! lol

SilentWish~* - 2-9-2006 at 02:39 PM

yes~ i'm at school~ haha why ask..?

iChi - 2-9-2006 at 03:14 PM

nah cuz i was wondering....if anyone else goes on outie at school other than me lOl..i jsut had to hide the FORNT page with all those girl pics quickl LOl...

Hm...this is for ALL the singers out der..

uhh..if we DO do a collab...whos in?

SIGN UP NOW!!!... XD pM mee / silent wish...acutaly i think pm-ing silent wish would be more appropriate...with ur name...( well it'll show at the top anyway ) and also choice of song that u THINK its potential for the collab....

we'll jsut start smal..with liek..assignning parts of songs to ppl....then..our goal...EVNETUALY..would be MIXING a song like...the 10 minute song...lol..i'll try to ..find a way..to...mix between songs..maybe fade..or somethign..

SilentWish~* - 2-9-2006 at 03:23 PM

haha well.. instead of pming.. i think we can just post our names here and the song we think we wanna sing~ so we'll all have a record here

iChi - 2-9-2006 at 04:35 PM

that works too!! lol..but i thot that it might be ...a waste of ..thread space =p

IllusionX - 2-9-2006 at 06:42 PM

guys.. i don't know why my adaptor isn't working... or i broke my mic cable? i have no idea how else i could use my shure mic to record that... unless... oh man, i have no idea really!

lamo, my own server? hehe host it on your own computer. my site is really just my adsl connection. (now.. don't abuse my inet guys) but really... 80kb/s max does the job.. i usually avg 60kb/s when i download stuffs from myself, not when i'm BTing thought.. hehe.

iChi - 2-9-2006 at 07:03 PM

uhh oo....but u sure u didnt mute nething?

& how do u do it???!!!!...the adsl thing!!!

IllusionX - 2-9-2006 at 07:09 PM

nope.. the same mic hole i used for the 'web cam mic' and the k mic...

just run apache on your computer...

Chaotic Fiend - 2-10-2006 at 09:39 AM

you guys gotta get some girls to sing here too lol

think this thread is gonna die soon

iChi - 2-10-2006 at 10:50 AM

haha...my friend said she wanna record her singing ..and she said i can post it XD...she WANTED to join outie..but not sure when the next register is lol....but none the less, THIS IS NOT OGNNA DIE...we just eXMAS ....recently...but AFTER that..its like....gonna be very up to date =p and illUX have to get a new mic!! lol...ChaOTIC join in...sing...wtever song u like lol..its jsut preferbly chinese...if u are capable of jap / kor..go for it lol ....but of course a good english song will never hurt too! :D:D

SilentWish~* - 2-10-2006 at 11:00 AM

haha yea.. i'm still busy with school work and stuff.. or else i'd be recording some songs :D

and i got a friend who has recorded songs already.. he wanted to post as well but yea.. dunno when registration will be on.. and i think when registration comes.. i can get another friend to register too..? she's the one who sang muk hak with me

myk - 2-10-2006 at 11:03 AM

I was actually wondering for awhile.. lol :D why aren't the girls recording?? I would if I didn't suck so much HAHAHA :D I know this won't die down as long as long we got you guys here :P lol

SilentWish~* - 2-10-2006 at 11:08 AM

haha now we singers all feel important after hearing myk~ :P jkjk

hey myk~ this is no professional thing.. it's all just for fun and to share our hobbies~ we don't have to be "good" to post here~ so no worries~ whoever posts will get our true supports and we can all improve together~ :)

so go for it~~

myk - 2-10-2006 at 11:15 AM

lol :D hahaha... I'm just here to give support for the effort you guys put in :) and I'll obviously cheer for all those who decides to join the fun :D and as for me, HAHAHA.. I'm going to go "drink tea" with my family and play with my bb cousins LOL I'll see if I'll lose my voice :) have fun people :)

outie - 2-10-2006 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by normandy1942
hi silent wish, great to see you again!
you saw ichi posting a song to sell on the market?
you should sell yours too!
can make big bucks!

Did you also see it was not appropriate to do that?

iChi - 2-10-2006 at 04:17 PM

yahh...
normandy..
1) i didnt sell it for money it was 0 dollars
2) it was...bad....i didnt know ...i got yelled at >__< so never gonna do tat again..

once again..sorry bou that outie.

MYK!!! like silentwish said...its not a professional thing..i mean honestly..i suck LOl...its not like ...im gonna see ..any one of u soon....(for those who do....too bad lOL ) besides...JSUT because we not good...tahts why ...i guess we take commetns from others..and try to make oursleves better at it, i mean since im sure theres MANY other thigns that we make a fool of ourselves outa.....this one is nothinggg XD and join in the fun!!! lol...its exciting to see how much better/worse ur doing lol...SO dont worry bout anything and just sing till ur heart content !! =p

xtorox - 2-10-2006 at 11:11 PM

Lol my sister is going to make a duet later.. with me =P
it's for sure.. but i guess i will pose a gansta taiwanese rap for my first song.. =P it's Machi..
hope u guys will like it.. i might record it.. monday.. cuz i dont have anything to do..

tomorow all busy.. and after tomorow busy too~

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 01:25 AM

just added a song~

if you're familiar with this song.. then.. first of all.. you'll notice quite a few off keys.. or even if you dunno the song.. :(
and second of all.. if you compare me to eason.. then this song will hurt your ears.. :(

sigh.. i didn't think my singing in this song was good enough.. but i sang it and mixed it.. so i just kinda naturally think i should post it to support the thread~

myk - 2-11-2006 at 01:58 AM

I swear.. I don't think I sleep anymore even though I'm kind of sleepy hahaha :D first to hear your song? lol silentwish, this is why your my idol!! you sound so nice all the time :) glad you posted the song, ignoring the off-notes is quite easy when I love your voice lol but one thing I really like about your singing is that you're always on beat :) good job!!

xtoro, cant wait to hear your voice :) and gosh.. I love how supportive everyone is :) awww...

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentWish~*
just added a song~

if you're familiar with this song.. then.. first of all.. you'll notice quite a few off keys.. or even if you dunno the song.. :(
and second of all.. if you compare me to eason.. then this song will hurt your ears.. :(

sigh.. i didn't think my singing in this song was good enough.. but i sang it and mixed it.. so i just kinda naturally think i should post it to support the thread~

i'll support the thread with a bad quality song too
sorry, but i can't make the bg music better, i hate jay's songs with so much harmony

Nocturne ::: "Yeh Kook"
HTTP Download
FTP Download

thanks for listening, although the quality is not very good

myk - 2-11-2006 at 02:13 AM

generalx (my other idol lol), you gotta be kidding me?? :D bad quality? your voice is sooo nice, you would sound awesome if it was just accapella :) lol your mandarin's good eh!! :D wowww.. don't think I'll ever stop being impress by how consistent your singing is.. :D great job!!

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by myk
generalx (my other idol lol), you gotta be kidding me?? :D bad quality? your voice is sooo nice, you would sound awesome if it was just accapella :) lol your mandarin's good eh!! :D wowww.. don't think I'll ever stop being impress by how consistent your singing is.. :D great job!!

the quality of the music is not very nice, just the guitar at the beginning is not heard after cutting the vocal
anyway, thanks for the encouragement:)

Chaotic Fiend - 2-11-2006 at 02:41 AM

yo what is this lol when did normandy come back?

Chaotic Fiend - 2-11-2006 at 05:09 AM

yo ask bb dofu or babygirl or arasyii to sing here LOL

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 09:45 AM

you give them instructions first;)

IllusionX - 2-11-2006 at 09:46 AM

how you guys.. and/or girls do to remember all the lyrics?!

Hmm.. i'll try something when i have time..

Chaotic Fiend - 2-11-2006 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IllusionX

listen to the song countless times while reading the lyrics? itll get in your head eventually

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 10:09 AM

Quote:

hardcore study your chinese first:)
when the lyrics don't make too much sense for you, it's hard to remember

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 12:05 PM

haha thanks for listening to my song so late at nite myk :P deeply appreciate it :D

and man.. GenX you slept so late and woke up so early~~ or did you even go to sleep..? or wait.. maybe you're in another time zone? lol..

sorry about being so late to update your song GenX cause i just woke up :P

and man.. that was good GenX.. i guess cause i never heard of the original.. (cause i don't listen to jay anymore) when you've never heard the original.. ppl can finally focus on your OWN voice instead on how good you are compared to the original..
your mandarin is good.. your high notes are good.. your rythm is good.. damn.. i officially declare you superior over me :(
if there are any votes.. i bet the best i can get from now on will be 2nd place :crap:

another thing i noticed is that.. i think when we record songs.. it's better off to use to mp3 and reduce the vocals.. although it'll be at a bad quality compared to the K version.. but it will fit with our mic qualities and stuff more.. it'll sound better.. like my newest song.. i used the K music.. and my voice doesn't sound "into" the song.. if i've used the reduced mp3.. i'd get a very little bit of the original singers voice behind to backup the thin mic quality.. :( wasted another song

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 01:23 PM

seriously, there's nothing special about this one i sang, it's all imitation, nothing more; you know, just to support the thread:)

and i agree with you, mp3 is better, K version have all the things BUT the bass and a good resolution
i can make most of the mp3s back to its original quality after cutting the vocal, but some of them like this one, the guitar at the beginning is recorded in the vocal track, that sux; i should have played the guitar myself:D

btw, i did sleep, i went Echo yesterday night with my friends and came home at 4am, then slept at 5, and i woke up at 10 something; don't know why, couldn't sleep...

listen to your song later silentwish, do some laundry first:)

JiNuWiNe - 2-11-2006 at 02:23 PM

WOW. not bad on the nocturne there genX. but did you play the mp3 of the song with jay chou singing? i kinda can hear him in the back.

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JiNuWiNe
WOW. not bad on the nocturne there genX. but did you play the mp3 of the song with jay chou singing? i kinda can hear him in the back.

no
that's why i don't like jay's songs when talking about resinging, there's a lot of harmony in it

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 02:51 PM

Dai Dang Dung Mat - SilentWish:
actually, it's good
but a little bit too much nasal sound, and lack some power
technique-wise, the high pitch was quite well handled at the end
and the falsetto was quite stable too, good job:)

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 03:27 PM

nICEly done guys!!..

GenX, ....i duno wt to say...but i suppose this would sum it up

"WOW" lol..o and..i got bored so i played the..BEGINNING of hte song =p but of course its off tempo cuz ..i wasnt listening to it when i played it =p

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04Q3AXXJYDNIS3I9SIKOF8UFUZ ** this is not a song, its just a lil guitar...well crappy guitaring by me **

SIlent wishhh- the middle was pretty gd, as for teh ...off key notes..well jsut silly mistakes lol...i mak PLENTY of those....sometims i jsut record...liek...4 times....and ...if the REST sounds ok..i dont bother REE-DOING the whole song lol...i gues im not mcuh of a perfectionist =p BUt good job!

abotu the recording thign..i just...take hte MP3....reduce vocal...then....record myslef..while LISTENING to it XD lol....since i dunt hav hte ktvs =p

WOW...this is liek...REVIVED once the wekeend coems XDDD FORthose who WILL be putting up sogns!! ..KUDOS TO U!! ....o btw...i m still looking for a song to record lol...neway bak to studyin!! good job all

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 03:32 PM

woah, why is it so long? 3 minutes something:D
anyway, it creates another feel when it's electric guitar
the beginning is a bit chaotic, then it gets smooth:)

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 03:34 PM

HAha....i have no clue that its even 4 min LOL!!!>...i guess i forgot to pres the STOP button =p

yahh teh beginnign was ....bad lOL...and my finger was cold....couldnt...move as fast :( and my ACOUSTIC...my friend borrowed it....i shud really get it bak...

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 03:37 PM

yeah, get the accoustic back man
all guitar techniques start from accoustic, electric is easy if you master accoustic
and i love the sound of it too, so nice:)
better not turn this into a guitar talk thread

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 04:49 PM

thanks GenX and iChi for the support you guys gave me~
btw.. what's falsetto GenX? :P

haha yea ichi.. i guess i'm more of a perfection kinda guy.. sigh.. that makes me very picky about the things i show ppl..
i just posted another song.. you know what..? i think i lost the "air" i had when i posted my first songs.. i think it's cause of a lack of sleep and stress and stuff.. i guess.. :( cause now i'm struggling more than before to sing :crap:

and i think i should stop singing eason songs.. cause i always tend to compare myself after singing.. and then i think it sounds like crap.. cause my voice is not as "thick" as eason's voice

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 05:01 PM

falsetto is what we called fake sound, or 'gah yum'; more like a musical term i guess:)

i think your voice is quite good for leo koo's songs, give them a try
or even nic tse's

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 05:05 PM

ohh~ lol that's what i thought~ but just wasn't sure~ haha

hmm.. yea.. i think anyone other than eason.. lol.. cause his voice is just too unique and stable.. and strong~

perhaps i should try leo's old songs.. the ones with lots of FALSETTO lol.. used the new word..

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 08:51 PM

and ur SUCH a ..DEEP fan..try ...sai jeen chui =p (wash cut blowdry) quite a lot of falsetto =p=p ...

omggg i totaly agree with...but then today u dunno how many songs i tried lol..i can always sing parts dat are ...MID range...but once CHORUS ..and like..NON STOP ( no breaks ) of HIGH NOTES..i die...i tried saying "AH NGAU" ( cow) by eason...i mean i THINK i sounded OKK....but when itt came to the CHORUS the REPETITVE ...higher range..i couldnt maintain it...i mean he got higher and higher..and....went ...non stop.i couldnt really...follow..and my throat started feel like....tensing up.= .. but like....when i sang ..roanld's ...parrot song..tat was easier..cuz the ....song is quite consistent in terms of pitch thru out hte whole song so dats pretty gd...yah....dats bout it =

anyone got any good...techniques when singing higher notes?...either like.....prevent ...jau yum ..or like.. wtnot..cuz i know the tensing up of hte muscle is cuz ..i dont have enuf air..so i use too much force on my throat..casuing it to tense up..

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 09:04 PM

your throat is tense because you still don't know how to put your voice in the right place to sing
there are 3 or 4 areas in your throat that makes sound, dividing into bass area, treble area, high area and sharp area. (i don't know the exact english terms for these areas)
normally, it takes a lot of practice to get to the sharp area, but getting to the high area is already enough.
your throat is tense because your voice and your breath is stuck in the treble area, try to pull your "diu jung" (if you know what i mean) up so that your voice can reach the high area
the exact location of the high area is behind your nose and about 2 cm above your "diu jung". if your voice reaches this area and you sing your high pitch in this, the sound will be powerful and comfortable.

but be careful, if ever, in an attempt to reach the high area, you reach an area where you produce a lot of nasal sound, then your breath has probably gone to the wrong spot, try somewhere else:D

if your voice reaches the high area, it shouldn't be tense, the sound should sound very natural, and you should be very comfortable

[edit] just for your curiosity, the sharp area is located around the spot between your eyes; more precisely, around 1 cm above the spot between your eyes

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 09:25 PM

yea.. maybe i'll try sai jin chui next time ichi~ since i always sing that at k~ haha
i use to not be able to sing falsetto AT ALL until.. i forgot when.. it just came to me.. although i don't think it's good right now.. but it's a lot better than before~
i think you can practice by trying to sing everything in falsetto.. even low notes of a song.. then it just got to me lol :D

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
yea.. maybe i'll try sai jin chui next time ichi~ since i always sing that at k~ haha
i use to not be able to sing falsetto AT ALL until.. i forgot when.. it just came to me.. although i don't think it's good right now.. but it's a lot better than before~
i think you can practice by trying to sing everything in falsetto.. even low notes of a song.. then it just got to me lol :D

hehe, when i started to learn to sing, my voice was so freaking low that i can't even handle the first 3 words of the chorus of shall we talk: "pui ngo gong", i can't get the "gong", voice was too low, how pathetic:D

and because my voice was low, every single high note, i get through it by falsetto, so falsetto was basically the very first aspect i learned
just think that over, i think my voice was weird:P

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 09:35 PM

this is only to SHOW u guys what i meant by ...the part i coudlnt get...its very obviousl cuz i sound bad..REALLY bad...its like..almsot cracknig...*WARNING* u've been warned....

and i just wanted to show u guys that part..and see if any way to ...resolve it or somethign..cuz i really wanan sing this song =...

*silent wish, please dont put this up on 1st thread, this is only a sample i did for fun..and to ...get advices to maek teh REAL one a better one XD

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21SW29784OZ8I3NYPAUW1GD7L6

Uh...rather than comments i prefer ADVICEs this time =p..

GenX - is there a way to...SING falsetto..ii loked it up its like..something bout using an area under ur throat or somethign..but...i m a lil confused by it..unles i DID it already wiht out knowing..is der any specific ....or at least MOREE .....easy to understnad comcepts? to how to ...achieve it?

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 09:44 PM

falsetto is produced using your "hei moon" (air door). open your hei moon wide and make the sound; to be precise, there's a muscle attach to the hei moon, when you open it wide, the air pass by that muscle and makes the sound <--- this is what we called falsetto

btw, you did it in this song, in the second chorus

and damn you, i was planning to record this song too:D

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 09:44 PM

lol this is like the photography thread.. accept with songs lol :P

i was gonna be quick and smart to post your song up ichi.. until i read your msg hahaha

but i think you put the link and the label the other way around lol..

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 09:49 PM

Back 20 years - SilentWish:
you seem to lack some breath in some spots
good feel, good style, good falsetto, just the last high pitch can be better

good job:)

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 09:49 PM

ahha oops....didnt realize ..
sory bout that XD ..

o U know wt GEN X u can sing it, i'll jsut look for another song..i'll see how its SUPPOSe to be done THEN attmept to..try it..i wnan hear u sing it !! be my guest ..do it !! XD

i did?!....opening the hey moon.and try ..to..squeeze the sound out eh...and the AIR is a big problme for me right now =

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 09:52 PM

no, don't squeeze the sound out, falsetto should be relaxed, if you squeeze the sound out, the sound hardens and it's no more falsetto.

try this, 打喊怒 and make a sound
that sound should be falsetto, you can hear that it's soft, it's weak and it wastes huge amount of breath

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 09:54 PM

haha thanks for listening GenX
and yea.. like i said a few posts earlier.. i didn't have the "air" to sing songs like before :(

but after listening to iChi sing ah cow i wanna sing it too lol~ although i said i won't record anymore easons.. haha but cause i just sang along (at this late of a time) and figured that i was able to sing lol.. i think it's because i recorded my 20 years song right when i woke up this morning when my voice wasn't "opened" so i might try ah chow tomorrow.. hehe

and ichi.. i dunno much about singing so i can't give much advice.. cause i don't even know how to sing properly myself.. haha.. but i think you have to work on mixing your voice in more precisely with the music.. do you zoom in and use trial and error to find the rite spot? cause for me.. i have to zoom in very very close so i can get very precise~ then move it left or right and then mix again if i don't think it sounds good~

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 10:01 PM

iChi, do you read chinese? i can recommend you a site that talks about Vocal theories
i didn't learn them from there but the explanation is quite clear

http://www.geocities.com/uglyugly2000/
click on Vocal for Beginners

[edit] by the way, i downloaded Adobe Audition 2 today, it's cool edit pro; even the use is 70% similar
700 megs, crzay:)

Adobe made some really good new plugins for mixing, really nice, recommend it to all of you

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 10:10 PM

thanks GenX for telling us about the program~

just wondering.. does it allow you to mix in layers..? like in photoshop.. whatever you add on becomes a new layer.. and if you wanna change one thing.. you don't need to mess up the rest cause you can just edit that layer?

cause that's one thing i'm looking for the most in mixing programs :)

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 10:17 PM

you can't do that in goldwave?
you can make an enormous amount of tracks in cool edit pro and mix every tracks in one mix down track

that's what i do to record my songs, 1 track for music, another for vocal part 1, another one for vocal part 2
then at the end, i reverb, filter, treble boost, adjust volume in the vocals tracks and mix everything together

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 10:31 PM

lol i was wondering if you've been doing that with cool edit pro~ i think maybe cause my gold wave's an old version..? lol gotta check out what they have for new version~ :P

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 10:32 PM

okok i WONT squeeze the sound out the n =p i'll let it out FLOWINGLY XD but yah thx a lot for telling us the site and the program thing.. yah i can read chinese..i read all the lyrics ...cuz i cant remmber a lot of them.=P i couldnt see the chinese word u put on ...the post..it showed up as like...unknown chars

ahah silent wish ..almost got u der wiht the cow song lol... ..thats okkk ur SUPPOSe is gd enuf !! but if u happen to know how to do it ..dats even better XDD then SING ah cow ..who cares ...we can make comparisons on how to improve etc etc ...if ur ABLE to SING IT!! lol...i couldnt sing this following song im ABOUT to post before..cuz my throat was too dry LOl...now i drank something..i SOMEHWAT sang it =p ...yes sir! i shall..work better with my MIXING =p....U CAN ZOOM!?......i never knew that lol...

andddd HERE THE LAST SONG OF THE DAY!!!....

presentss...------ guang liang...=p (please excuse the bad mandarin)
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DJAAPSG6WS1E14VMCIVKVVPNZ

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 10:45 PM

haha yes you can zoom with goldwave ichi~ but if goldwave doesn't do multi layer editing then i'm gonna switch over to another program~ maybe cool edit pro.. cause adobe is 700mb lol and i don't think i'll use much of the functions anyways~

and ichi.. you sure you wanna keep it on yousendit? you don't wanna put it on savefile so there's no download limit?

GeneralX - 2-11-2006 at 10:46 PM

Fairytale - iChi:

you did it, i heard some falsetto
guess your parents are sleeping again, can't sing loud eh?:D
still need a bit of work in breath handling
still good, at least you learned something, keep it up :thumbsup:

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 10:49 PM

yah...they're asleep..and my aunt is like OUTSIDE my door lol...but YAY!!.i did some falsetto =p=p thx GenX!! but i sitll think like...LOWER key songs might be better...i mean even songs where u dont have to use falsetto.i'll do a lot better...liek..i felt COMFORTABLE singing ah cow....BEFORE it got to the falsetto =

Hmm..im not sure silent...acutally i can re-up them all onto savefile...u know what i will..please ..wait while i go RE-up them on savefile..!!!

O ur switching progrm?..i used to use COOL EDIT too...but then....i didnt play wiht it TOO much..=

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 10:49 PM

hey ichi~ i thought you did the very beginning of the song very very well~ almost sounded like gwong leung~ lol
and i think your voice fits this song very well~ and don't worry about the mandarin cause we're here to sing~ not to pick on language :)

i think you did well in this song~ and yes you did some good falsetto as well~ :thumbsup:

well i'll switch programs if the new goldwave isn't much improvement :)

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 11:00 PM

Waa.....im NO wHERE near him..got a longg way to go =p=p!!!..but then thx for the compliment!! XD ..quite encouraged LOL..oo if u find a better program...please let me know!!!

WOOHOO...falsetto...altho i kinda hate it lOl...cuz then im still not QUITe sure how to do it at will LOl...

but none the less
heres hte link

http://www.savefile.com/files/9116048 - mo lai
http://www.savefile.com/files/9486818 - bai mook yup sun
http://www.savefile.com/files/8485239 - tung wa
http://www.savefile.com/files/1413277 - seung sum dik siu ying mo

thx silent wish!

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 11:12 PM

haha npnp

iChi, have you tried the yousendit hack that was posted earlier..? the one where you can get unlimited downloads and stuff?

maybe you should try it for your next songs to see if it works~

and yea i use to hate falsetto~ until i could kinda do it lol :P

iChi - 2-11-2006 at 11:17 PM

u know wt..i never tried that hack...but i jsut gotta find out the....TIME limit...to see if its more than 14 days..but savefile is pretty gd...i mean..IF anyone wnats it AFTEr hte 14 days..they'll..ASK for it lol..so i dont think it'll be a problem..as long as ders ...ENUF time to last =p

ahah..maybe i jsut havnet found my love for it..i mean i LOVE the sound of it..i jsut hate the fact i ..cant do it right lol..onCE i do ..i'l embrace it .and abuse it!! XD ....dont wory silent wish..u got it..at least more than me..by far lol..i like ur songs dey're pretty on key and sounds 85% similar...( well cuz ur voice is unique....unless ur AMAIZNg in imitating..=p) but having ur own ...unique voice wont be bad...wtever works right?! =p

SilentWish~* - 2-11-2006 at 11:20 PM

haha i use to imitate a lot.. cause i'm sensitive to how each person sings.. like.. i can catch why they sound like that and make myself do the same and sound like them.. but now i try not to imitate cause i think that's not cool if i really wanna sing lol
but then it's hard to sing a song in a different style after you've listened to the original singer soo many times~

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 12:15 AM

TRUE SAY...the only reason at tiems i sound lke ...whoever..its cuz i've been trying to imitate them to get the dESIRED outcome to be ...NEaRLY or SAME as their's....so that i SOUND like them...meaning that the song is gd ...XD ...dats okk...dont think that way...i mean if u can imitate their voice..u got talent! lol...

and my firend wants to know ..bout our collab..hes looking forward to it =p

SilentWish~* - 2-12-2006 at 12:38 AM

haha well.. so far i don't see that many ppl mentioning they wanna participate..

maybe cause not many ppl come in here?

i think we should make another thread in the alley just for sign up~
to get more exposure~
can you start one? just tell the ppl who are not interested to not leave a msg.. :)

i gotta go to bed~ church tomorrow~

myk - 2-12-2006 at 12:39 AM

hmm...I'm so slow to comment this time lol Silentwish, I love that song "Si Gwong Do Lau 20 Lin" :) well, you explained already... you didn't "open" your voice yet lol but good job :) I like the feel of it..

ichi..woww...I'm loving the feel from songs today man.. lol especially yours.. Fairytale was sung with feel.. :) great job!! gotta agree.. the song suits you..

can't wait till you guys do a collab :D it's definitely gonna be sooo awesome.. :)

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 01:03 AM

hah myk...ur valuable comment is greatly appreciated! dont worry, it ownt be too long from the colab..me and silent wish got reading week ( breaK) lke..starting next week eheh...but thx for supporting us!!! ....ur always der for us! how but joining us XD =p=p (its still a choice heeh)

Silent wishhh - done, i made the thread...uhh due to the fact taht...der isnt any registeration right now...but i might still get my frind to ...join in...maybe u can get ur friend.....ah ching?...too i dont htink we mind...since we're lacking female voices XD

*side* yah same..church!!...gaaa.....which church u go?

SilentWish~* - 2-12-2006 at 04:23 AM

lol i'm back up cause i need to finish preparing for teaching the kids in about a few hours~ man i know i'm bad.. preparing last minute.. but cause i've been studying all day :(
i go to Richmond Hill Free Methodist Church~ It's a small church in between two big churches on Bayview and Weldrick. Which church do you go to iChi?

oh rite.. should we wait until registrations are open before opening up the thread..? lol and how did you know i have reading week next week?

and thanks myk for your support ;)

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 12:12 PM

Yah...i should inquire outie when the next one is....i believe its just whenver he feels like it....but i'll try to ask...

probalby no recording today..exam tmr!! >_<

hopefully someone will record to ...fill our thirst =p

how i know?...uhh UT and Ryerson have the same reading week XD

hMM. ..my friends might go to ur church, i go to St.Agnes Catholic church = ..ahah ur a bible study teacher?! lol...well, as long as u have somethign to talk bout...ur fine hehe....or just pick a passage and get them to read it =p

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 01:08 PM

HERE WE HAVE A VIDEO of a GUy..singing Leo's - DAi Yee Jui Oi (2nd favourite?)

Contributed by ASURAn

- he doenst sound bad, he resembles leo too!!

GeneralX - 2-12-2006 at 08:08 PM

bare my lack of breath this time, and pronouciation, some words may not be pronounced very correctly:wacko:
this song... is quite a challenge

HTTP Download
FTP Download

thanks for listening

IllusionX - 2-12-2006 at 08:35 PM

bleh.. my song... sang this time with just a bg music.. and a lyric sheet... it's distorting somewhere... shitty mic cable or it's the equipment...

http://illusionx.dyndns.org/ixxx/ekin.mp3

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 08:39 PM

wHAOA geNX dat was amazing!!...u dindt evne realy sound like u had to use....falsetto XD..but then u had a lot of air in a good way XD ...

i ATTEMPTED to record it again..after u did it =p ...its a lil better still needs work probably ..but yah XD and excuse teh ....nearthe very end...said the wrong word..so it'll sound a lil weird =p

and illux i still have to listen to urs =D

so heres my cow lol..

http://www.savefile.com/files/1342335

SilentWish~* - 2-12-2006 at 08:44 PM

haha ichi, there's no falsetto in the cow song whatsoever~ that's why it's hard to sing cause it's all real high notes~ :P

GeneralX - 2-12-2006 at 08:52 PM

ah cow - iChi:
when you get to the higher notes, don't be afraid to yell it out; this is how you expand your voice's 'key range' <--- do you know what i mean by this? :P
yeah, when your range is broad enough, you won't need to use falsetto anymore, this takes time; be patient

don't be afraid to go 'off key', any singer out there has off key at least once
so, spend some time practicing, spit the words out at the appropriate key
and don't forget about the 'daan tin' thing, you should have read about it from the site i gave you, good job;)

Age of friendship - illusion:
try to memory the lyrics first, don't sing while reading the lyrics, it's not good
you need to keep the beat instead of focusing on the lyrics
lyrics should be there only for 'aide memoire' purpose
keep working hard, lo lik ;)

SilentWish~* - 2-12-2006 at 09:45 PM

yes genx.. that was good~ haha i don't think i'll need to make anymore comments on your singing other to say it was good

and may i ask you how you make the reduced mp3 sound like the original..? what kinda settings do you use? or is every song a different setting and you need to adjust differently each time?

and ichi.. i think that try was a bit better than the first.. but you still gotta work on your mixing.. it's either that or your rythm of singing.. but i think it's the matter of mixing at the rite place

and illuX i think that your new song is better than the last one you sang~ so it's a good thing~ but you gotta work on your rythm as well~ :)

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 09:46 PM

silent wish - realy.?!. .i duno.cuz ..when i played it on gold wave over and over it sounded pretty sychned ..so dats whyi thot it was OKk...= i'll acutally MIX it..then search thru it on the mp3 then

GenX - yah i sorta get u..but ...the thing is i THINK i can hit the note if i...YELLED....well not yelled..but sang LOUDER....but then...when i do ..BREATH SHORTAGE lol.....so had to ....find an alternate way to sing it = i tried using dan tin to like ....maintain my breath tho ...but i'll keep trying! till i become as gd as u XD

IlluX - yah focus on ur tempo / beat right now, even SOME words were said wrong / mummbled...it MIGHT not be as much of a problem cuz if ..u sang the right words and evertyhign....but the word ended up at another place....it will not do u good ..so..practice on the beat ^__^ other wise its good! keep it up!

iChi - 2-12-2006 at 10:25 PM

okok LASTtttt song for the day....really shud be studying XD..but i couldnt stand ending the day with ah cow XD since it was GenX who did it first (officially =p) so i decided to record anotehr short song XD u might think i have too much time on my hands lol..but im just slacking =p

enjoy
thx for listneing

Yau Gung Ching - ( the file says daiyee..but its wrong)
http://www.savefile.com/files/4635863

GeneralX - 2-13-2006 at 12:20 AM

SilentWish: thanks, i'll put more effort

iChi: you hit the note but short of breath is because you did not tighten your 'hei moon' enough, you shouldn't be short of breath when hitting high notes; normally, bass notes waste more breath than high notes i think:D
but to sing high notes, at least 2 things are necessary, tighten up your 'hei moon' then force the air out using 'daan tin'
good luck:)

Friend and Love - iChi:
i think you improved comparing to your older ones (the key is higher in this one comparing to the older ones you sang)
you handled the high notes better in this one. although they can still be better, you're improving, good:)

myk - 2-13-2006 at 12:35 AM

generalx: ah cow.. what more can I say? :) if I was a guy, I would definitely want your voice.. heck, I won't mind having your voice now :P lol stop making it sound so easy lol great job :)

illusionx: i think you just gotta know the lyric then you'll sing it with breeze.. just gotta get with the flow.. ;) you'll pick up the beat better when you don't have to read lyrics.. but good job!! :)

ichi: nice cow song.. but I really like the "Yau Gung Ching".. your voice was soo nice to listen to :) hmm.. maybe you should try taking deep breaths before you sing? I used to get force to do breathing exercise in music class before playing.. but it actually helps.. :) and drink warm water before you sing? it'll help warm up your voice? well, those stuff helps me when my voice gets tense from too much k-singing.. lol :D good job!!! :)

GeneralX - 2-13-2006 at 12:46 AM

sigh, it wasn't easy at all, i NG-ed at least 10 times in the second part :wacko:
but thanks for listening

btw, you're the first one who says my voice is good, thank you, hehe

yeah, i think iChi's voice is quite good for Leo Koo's songs too

iChi - 2-13-2006 at 08:30 AM

GenX - haha NG-ing 10 times...dats lil!! i NG like....i dunno how mnay times lol..cuz of the silly mistakes ...aside the main...thing with the notes...i think ur voice suits quite a few singers like eason for example i acutaly felt how it was SUPPOSe to sound like, the notes were pretty ded on. and thx for the compliment XD (just taking ur advice and trying out some higher pitch songs eheh)

myk - haha thxx =] i'll be sure to try the warm water technique next time, i always find my singing voice quite...squeaky tho dunno why...:( and thx again for being supportive XD

xtorox - 2-13-2006 at 05:23 PM

HAHAHA i done my record.. my god.. finally

xtorox - 2-13-2006 at 05:52 PM

taiwanese..
machi..
m.. quite noisy i guess.. haha..
i listen for whole day.. kinda tired lol

i only got the tempo right.. haha
and the other.. well up to u to judge.. judges

http://www.savefile.com/files/2686414

SilentWish~* - 2-13-2006 at 06:30 PM

hmm never heard of this song before~ so it's just called.. machi? so i guess i'll put that as the title of the song

i think the recording quality's pretty good..~ like how your mic fitted in with your music.. although i didn't hear much of your singing.. only some parts with you rapping.. then most of the song was more like.. listening to the background music and background singing.. but it was cool~ something new from what we're used to hearing in the thread :)

cutiebunnie - 2-13-2006 at 07:18 PM

MACHI!!! I love this song, too bad i dun understand taiwanese lol
xtorox, you're good!

but i still think genx is the best:)
let me know if u ever come to montreal, i'd like to go to karaoke with ya :P

xtorox - 2-13-2006 at 08:17 PM

doing rap is just tempo.. no skill~
gotta sing
but i guess i will sing another song from machi..

iChi - 2-13-2006 at 08:29 PM

xtorox - nott baddd that rap is pretty gd XD i was listening to it like..a few tiems lOl.....what happen to ur duet with ur ..sister!? llol..but still gd!! keep it up!! :D

Uhh heres today's contribution

Sheung Yee Wai Ming (GENNX!!! TRANSLATE !!! XD)

http://www.savefile.com/files/9375985

UHh the SOFT parts might be a LIL too soft XD ....sorry bout that

for those who HAVNET seen the SIGN UP SHEET

http://www.outie.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=17436

and the current list of people we have are

Heres teh CUrent list
1) Silent WIsh
2) ichi
3) GenX
4) bcheng81
5) xTorox
6) Trio
7) IlluX
8) Chaotic Fiend

Sooo maybe once reading week hits...well for some of us ..we might start planning for somethign ^__^

if u wish u can also just sign up here! but for instructions and clarity, the link will be ur better pick!

xtorox - 2-13-2006 at 08:35 PM

second.. ba.. second one =P maybe wilbert pan's love love thing

SilentWish~* - 2-13-2006 at 08:59 PM

hey ichi~ good job~ but you still need to work on rythm.. perhaps you weren't familiar with the song..? cause some parts.. i could sense you were kinda not sure about whether or not to start at that beat.. and another thing you should work on would be to yell out the notes in areas of the chorus.. instead of trying to sing them quietly.. unless your parents are sleeping already ;) cause yelling out the notes will make the notes sound more powerful.. and you won't need to use falsetto.. cause when singing very softly.. it's harder to get to high notes compared to when you can sing loudly~

oh and genx~ did you say that adobe audition was very similar to cool edit pro..? or did you say they were the same thing..? cause.. look at this~ :P

http://www.adobe.com/special/products/audition/syntrillium.html

iChi - 2-13-2006 at 09:08 PM

hehe thx! yah...i should work on the rythm more...or at least SOUND more confident to give the impression that...i KNWO the song =p dat could be arranged...i GUESS i shud sing when ders like NO ONE aorund lol..then i can yel till my hearts content lol i always thot that the SOFTER i sang...the...EASIER to reach high notes lol..=p=p

SilentWish~* - 2-13-2006 at 09:39 PM

haha for some reason a lot of ppl think that way.. well.. i think it depends what kinda emotion you want the song to be.. cause if you sing softer.. the high note will be very soft.. and if say.. it's like the chorus.. then it won't sound rite~ it needs to be powerful~ so that's why you should yell it out~ by yell.. i don't mean like.. scream.. but more like.. force more air out so it'll sound more powerful instead of soft~

myk - 2-14-2006 at 02:04 AM

xtoro: that was awesome!! :D can you please sing some jay chou songsss? lol woww, I really like the song, hearing it constantly.. nice song, nice rap, nice voice :) but definitely want to hear you sing some slow songs!! great job!! :)

ichi: yupp, I'm here to support you :) maybe this will help you to be more confident? hmmm, maybe you can try listening to the song a few times to get the feel and rhythm of the song.. try to just only hear the music and pick up the music cues.. then maybe when you sing the song, you'll remember the places and get the pace right? but obviously, good job!! :)

alright.. I'm finally joining in the fun.. I hope your ears won't bleed cause of me.. I've warned you.. so you can't sue for ear repair :P lol I think girls will record now, if they hear how awful I sound :D at least something good came out of this right?

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=8740064

Thanks for listening :) of course, comments/criticisms are always welcome :)

Chaotic Fiend - 2-14-2006 at 02:28 AM

yo what program you guys use to record yourselves?

and lol i know this is gonna sound kinda homo but i just bought a mic here in france but when i plug it in and try to record cant hear my voice....lol

edit---nvm forget the mic problem it works now LOL shit i sound like a homo ass lol yo how do u guys record such good quality shiz?? can someone teach me?

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 06:52 AM

mykkkkk - i swear i havnet heard anything other than the usual bunch of singers for a while lol...cuz no other girl would sing =p ur the first ^__^ anddd nooo i didnt die LOL..i havent got a chance to listen to it over and over...just heard it once...so cnat say much lol...but when i go home..i'll write a lil more =]

choatic - Hmm u would have to contact tech suppport =p=p im sure der will be someone like..silent wish / genx that 'll reply to u =] cuz im a noob..cant give u much advice

Chaotic Fiend - 2-14-2006 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
mykkkkk - i swear i havnet heard anything other than the usual bunch of singers for a while lol...cuz no other girl would sing =p ur the first ^__^ anddd nooo i didnt die LOL..i havent got a chance to listen to it over and over...just heard it once...so cnat say much lol...but when i go home..i'll write a lil more =]

choatic - Hmm u would have to contact tech suppport =p=p im sure der will be someone like..silent wish / genx that 'll reply to u =] cuz im a noob..cant give u much advice

my mic works now lol...i threw it on the floor and pluuged it in and it worked :s

just wanna know what program u guys use to record and how to use it

xtorox - 2-14-2006 at 09:58 AM

haha.. well everyone here.. use goldwavE?! any other?!
i use.. mixcraft

xtorox - 2-14-2006 at 10:06 AM

myk! wow.. good ne ^_^~
i like ur singing haha
u r good ne ^_^~

keep gooing ^_^~
u first girl ne ^_^~

SilentWish~* - 2-14-2006 at 10:07 AM

i just downloaded adobe audition 2.. which previously was called cool edit pro.. so i think i'll be using that.. cause i futured that goldwave lacked the layer function..

and myk~~ that was WELL DONE!!! SERIOUSLY your voice was stable and you got to all the notes~ your voice is strong as well~ really had feelings in the words~ i especially like how you end each bar.. the kinda "jun" yum you did to end the words added to the feeling and stableness.. the only thing i'd have to say was at the beginning of the song.. your rythm was a bit slow.. i think it's because you mixed your voice in after you sang? cause it was pretty consistant.. until it got to the second part of the song~ and another thing will be just your mic quality.. but overall i thought it was GREAT~ seriously.. not just saying this to encourage you~ i can tell if we go to K together.. you'll really be able to sing :)

IllusionX - 2-14-2006 at 10:21 AM

Hmm... i'm sucking good :) i'm FAAAAARRRR behind everyone's level here... :(

myk, nice..!! i'm loving it! hehe i can't really judge others...

GeneralX - 2-14-2006 at 11:05 AM

machi - xtrox:
i think you got the voice for rap, nice one
you followed the tempo pretty well
i didn't understand the lyrics at all :D

Seung Yee Wai Ming - iChi:
no doubt, you're improving iChi :thumbsup:
other than a minor beat problem and the high pitches being not natural enough, i don't see any other mistakes in this one
you're singing with more power now, keep it up

Seung Duk Tai Yuen - myk:
wow, our first female singer, welcome for joining us:)
it's just some minor beat problem, other than that, the feel is good, stable.
but i think you still need to put more power into your voice, power would make a difference

good job everybody:D

GeneralX - 2-14-2006 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
hey ichi~ good job~ but you still need to work on rythm.. perhaps you weren't familiar with the song..? cause some parts.. i could sense you were kinda not sure about whether or not to start at that beat.. and another thing you should work on would be to yell out the notes in areas of the chorus.. instead of trying to sing them quietly.. unless your parents are sleeping already ;) cause yelling out the notes will make the notes sound more powerful.. and you won't need to use falsetto.. cause when singing very softly.. it's harder to get to high notes compared to when you can sing loudly~

oh and genx~ did you say that adobe audition was very similar to cool edit pro..? or did you say they were the same thing..? cause.. look at this~ :P

http://www.adobe.com/special/products/audition/syntrillium.html

yeah, i said they were 70% similar from each other
there's some bad things about audition though, i know it processes faster than cool edit, but it drinks hella lots of resources, and it lags too
so i'm not using it, but i gotta say that audition has a very good plugin for vocal reverb

so i'm sticking to the good old cool edit pro:)

SilentWish~* - 2-14-2006 at 11:43 AM

hmm.. what version of cool edit pro you using? cause cool edit pro turned into adobe audition.. so i dunno which version of cool edit pro is the newest version :scratch:

GeneralX - 2-14-2006 at 11:46 AM

using version 2
but there are some small bugs
they don't bother you that much though if you don't do 5 other things while you're recording your vocal:)

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 01:39 PM

OOkkk like i said i would..i'll comment

myk - ur song is good!!! only question is the mic...like...the sound ..sounds like..ur voice is a lil...supressed...im guessing its the mic? but the singing was tremendous!!

haha iLlux dont worryyyy its never too late T__T

GenX - W00t!!!! note to self * sing with no one home* lol...

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 02:52 PM

song of the day..

i suppose i wanted to try more leo koo's songs

Shun jan Chuen Suet

http://www.savefile.com/files/1778951

thx for listening

GeneralX - 2-14-2006 at 03:28 PM

Innocent Legeng - iChi:
woah, gaining stability now, it's quite stable
you got the theories quite fast, good job:D
there is still a little bit of breathing problem, i think you breathed at the wrong spot in some places
also, the falsettos are good, but they can be more natural, work more on it <--- you need to get pickier to improve now;)

keep it up, good job:)

myk - 2-14-2006 at 03:53 PM

YAY I'm the first girl!! woohoo lol.. thanks xtoro, I'll try to keep singing and improving.. :)

silentwish, thanks!! I know I got off-beat LOL but after mixing it so I got tired so I gave up fixing it.. opps >.<" I'll do better next time!! seriously, I appreciate the support lol :)

illusionx, glad you liked it.. don't worry, there's always me who sucks even more ;) and I'm always here to give my support!!

generalx, happy that I joined in the fun!! I lacked power when I ran out of breath :P lol I'll try to work on that!! thanks a bunch!!

ichi, thank you!! :) I'm hearing your "Shun Jan Chuen Suet" right now..love it when you sing Leo Ku's songs!! getting better any better!! woww ichi!! the falsettos were great.. :D give me a second I'm getting blown away by the high notes lol great job!!

OH, and the "mic" problem HAHAHA I already broke my mic long time ago.. so I used my mp4 to record LOL.. which is why the sound is corrupted and odd.. >.<" lol I'll go find a mic soon.. hopefully.. bear with me for now? :P once again, thanks! deeply appreciated!! :)

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 06:25 PM

GenX - BOoYAH....all thx to ur techniques and stufff *bows* ALL THAT HEY MOON stuff lol....yah..sometims i breathed at hte wrong places..cuz i think it'll ...be easier for me lOl....but i shud try to breathe at the RIGHTT time =p i'll try to improve more and more!! thx a lot!!! i'll try to not disappoint u seee fuuu =p

Myk - haahah im glad u like it, i think due to the fact that i try singing a ...song everyday is like..helping out wiht the vocal LOl....working that ....vocal chord lOl...but newayy thx a lot !! As for your mic, nah its not big of a problem, i was just "8" lol..its not CoRRUPTED or ODD..just wondering if its possible to hear ur good singing more clearly ^__^ but yah for sure, we'llll wait XD jsut letting u know my mic...i got it at a DOlalr store LOl....a buck for a mic =P (u'll be surprised wt tehy sell der LOL)

GeneralX - 2-14-2006 at 06:36 PM

don't call me a see fuu, i'm not good enough for that
i just know some theories, no more than that, you made it yourself:)

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 06:55 PM

lollll....okok then =p=p
but i shall learn more from all u great singers out der loll

ooo myykkkk u mind if i put u down for coollab??

this is my idea...uh we can sing the 10 minute song by leo....uhh except we give the girls parts where its ORIGANLLY sung by a girl cuz der are parts like joey / miriam ...then the guys will split...
only problme is we have only one girl lol...xtoroooox cna u get ur sister LOL =p=p

eiXo^87 - 2-14-2006 at 08:05 PM

o and if u could rearrange the order if the new songs are on the top would be nice haha if its not too much of a hassle. so i dont have to scroll down to do the clicking ^^

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 08:19 PM

would u mind explaining wt u mean? like.the NEWER songs?.like post it at hte top as in the title of thread?...

anything with administrative with this thread im not in charge..sorry cant help u der u would have to wait till Silent Wish reads this lol

IllusionX - 2-14-2006 at 09:11 PM

Hmm... edmond leung... i should never sing this song... i was sooo unsure of the lyrics.. but i do know them.. NG'd myself like 20 times from the 2nd part... starts with "tzek dow ta"

http://illusionx.dyndns.org/ixxx/edmond.mp3

i need to sing something LOWER KEY! this is... ish... : haha..

SilentWish~* - 2-14-2006 at 09:56 PM

haha the reason i put the old songs first is cause i don't want new readers of this thread to just skip all the old songs and only listen to the new songs~

but if you guys think it'll be better if the new songs were first.. i can change it :)

sorry i'm a bit busy these days.. exams.. presentations.. quizes.. :crap: i'm struggling to just hang on~

iChi - 2-14-2006 at 10:14 PM

haah dont worry swishhhh i understand ur pain man....im only using my....AFTER SCHOOl..BEFORE STUDY time to record..(as a lil..break LOL) i dont really mind the format of it...its up to the audience =p

and im recording 1874 XD ...post tmr or something....dont wanan post too many at once =p=p

iLLUx - there is improvement der, the tempo is getting better, keep it up!!! :thumb: hmm...for a lower key song....who would be a lower key singer = sorry dont have anyone in mind atm i'll clue u in once i ..think of one

myk - 2-14-2006 at 10:17 PM

illusionx: I think you gotta be more confident when you sing!! :) even if you know the lyric, you'll sound like you don't.. I would love to hear you sing a lower key song if you think it'll suit you better.. too bad I can't really think of one low key song right now :) ohh.. and I did sense the feelings you try to get across in this song!! keep it up!! good job!!

ichiii: hmm.. of course I won't mind joining the collab.. just that the one girl thing is a problem lol :D kinda odd? lonely? hahaha..

mann.. I feel sorry for you guys!! >.<" GOOD LUCK with school :) ADD OIL!!

xtorox - 2-14-2006 at 10:56 PM

crap.. la.. my sister has midterm.. guess i ll record a duet after she is done with school

so yea.. i guess my next song is going to b.. "the girl infront look over here"
or.. "can't hear" from Mayday..

I will choose tomorow ..
there will b abit of singing.. haha.. taste my skill lol
which is not cool haha

SilentWish~* - 2-14-2006 at 11:32 PM

haha illusionX i was gonna sing that song~
i see some improvement in you illusion~ rythm was pretty good in this~ and you were able to get to certain notes~ probably you just need to work on breathing in order to get to ALL notes~ good improvement~ keep it up!

ichi~ i see some improvements as well~ more stable now although this is a harder song~ :) keep up the good work~

iChi - 2-15-2006 at 12:00 AM

mykkkk - have no fearrrr!! we're just HOPING der will be more girls joining ..( hopefully) if not, you can be our one and only super star ^__^ haha thx

xtorooox - dont worry, some of us have mid terms too..dont need to RUSH her, do it when shes comfortable lol ...and so i guess we'll be expecting somethign from you tmr?! lol..*cant wait * hah no matter wt the song is like, we're gonna listen to it and give our honest comment. so dont wory..ITS COO =p

SwiSH - thank you thank you, will do!! but i think i messed up the end lol..but just curious...hows the MIXING recentlY?...any better?..just hoping im doing it right now...

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 12:15 AM

i've never heard the song by leo before.. so i'm not sure.. but i think it sounds on rythm? :scratch:
the only other thing will be.. try to match the volume of your voice with the music~ like when you mix it.. alter the volume if it's too high or low so it fits better with the volume of the music :)

GeneralX - 2-15-2006 at 12:16 AM

7th friend - illusion:
the beat is improving
other than picking a song with lower pitch, also find one that has less pitch variation <--- by that, i mean a song that has more stable pitches
but really, the beat has improved a lot comparing to the Jordan chan song, keep it up:)

iChi - 2-15-2006 at 12:18 AM

Yes sir!!...ooo and by the way guys ..

we officially have TENNN ppl on the collab list LOL....*yayyy* =p

Genx - would u say Eason's suet yuet yu gor be ok for illux? the theme for the air plane show

GeneralX - 2-15-2006 at 12:27 AM

Quote:
Yes sir!!...ooo and by the way guys ..

we officially have TENNN ppl on the collab list LOL....*yayyy* =p

Genx - would u say Eason's suet yuet yu gor be ok for illux?

ming nin gum yut looks better, i've recommended that one to him before:)

Galata - 2-15-2006 at 01:20 AM

yea..i got a two question..

wut do u guyz use to record?..i use the couputer sound recorder..but it is really bad quality...
if i got the song recorded..do i just post it as comment and then slient wish will update it?..

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Galata
yea..i got a two question..

wut do u guyz use to record?..i use the couputer sound recorder..but it is really bad quality...
if i got the song recorded..do i just post it as comment and then slient wish will update it?..

yep~ just post and i will put it on the first page for you :)

i've been using goldwave to do my recordings before.. but i think i'll jump to cool edit pro because of the convenience its functions give me ;)

try them both~ they are both very good imo~

iChi - 2-15-2006 at 01:35 AM

its ok, just post anyway....the windows record thing...isnt gd ..try out the 2 programs silent wish suggested they're good, glad to have u joining us :D:D if u need uploader, u can use
http://savefile.com

o yeh...silentwish...onc u get teh hang of cool edit.wanna share ur....basic knowledge on it?! lol.....just need the basics...reduce..and....stuff ...but i wonder how it differs between goldwave and cooledit.

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 01:56 AM

haha sure thing~ i'll be sure to experiment with it after thursday..~ when my reading week starts.. but then there'll be even MORE work to come after reading week~ oh well~ gotta record songs either way :P

Chaotic Fiend - 2-15-2006 at 02:42 AM

how do u cut off the persons voice with goldwave?
edit---omg dont tell me u have to buy full version...i can only record 1 min

and would someone be kind enough to upload songs to the market cuz i deleted all my mp3s...i just download rename drop into ipod and delete so it would be great if someone would upload some

IllusionX - 2-15-2006 at 08:09 AM

hehe... i still need lots of memorising for eason's songs.. so i'm not ready to record it at all.

i got too many duet songs... with nobody to sing with me.. boo :(

Chaotic Fiend - 2-15-2006 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
hehe... i still need lots of memorising for eason's songs.. so i'm not ready to record it at all.

why do u n eed to memorize? just read the lyrics

smh - 2-15-2006 at 08:28 AM

lol you guys should beg arasyii to post one of her songs..
her rap :P

Chaotic Fiend - 2-15-2006 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by smh
lol you guys should beg arasyii to post one of her songs..
her rap :P

why is she elite?

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic Fiend

and would someone be kind enough to upload songs to the market cuz i deleted all my mp3s...i just download rename drop into ipod and delete so it would be great if someone would upload some

pm me again if you still can't figure out the time thing.. and you don't have the full version..? well pm me again with your email if you want the full version

haha and you suddenly changed your avatar to cloud.. did you see my post about my new cloud & fenrir display toy? :P

Chaotic Fiend - 2-15-2006 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:

pm me again if you still can't figure out the time thing.. and you don't have the full version..? well pm me again with your email if you want the full version

haha and you suddenly changed your avatar to cloud.. did you see my post about my new cloud & fenrir display toy? :P

yea was sick hahahhaa

IllusionX - 2-15-2006 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:

why do u n eed to memorize? just read the lyrics

memorise so i can concentrate on the keynote and the tempo.

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 10:59 AM

yes chaotic.. it's better if you memorize most.. if not ALL the lyrics so you can focus on some other more important aspects when you sing.. cause you don't want the lyrics to affect your performance :)

GeneralX - 2-15-2006 at 11:07 AM

looking for recording software? here:
http://www.outie.net/forums/item.php?iid=4046

Cool Edit Pro 2 with registration;)

IllusionX - 2-15-2006 at 05:50 PM

i just noticed that i'm using cool edit 1.20 :P no reg required lol

Galata - 2-15-2006 at 07:13 PM

yeahh....My first song...
it from ella koon new cd album...and track 2..
http://www.savefile.com/files/9051505
give some comment plz..dont kno if i am any good or not..
hope no negative comment :)

btw..how to take the singer voice away...?..

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 07:56 PM

thanks GenX for the program~ i was gonna dl it anyways.. but since you've uploaded~ it's all the more convenience :)

and galata.. i think you should try singing male songs.. can't really hear your range and everything when you sing girl songs especially at such a low key.. i think everyone will be able to sing that..
but according to your recording.. i can tell you are able to put feelings into your singing.. although your notes aren't precise.. and your rythm is off at times.. but yes~ try to sing male songs cause i can't really judge by you singing a female song at the low key. As for taking away the singer's voice.. use goldwave or cooledit to reduce vocals :)

GeneralX - 2-15-2006 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Galata
yeahh....My first song...
it from ella koon new cd album...and track 2..
http://www.savefile.com/files/9051505
give some comment plz..dont kno if i am any good or not..
hope no negative comment :)

btw..how to take the singer voice away...?..

use Vocal Cut in Cool Edit Pro

maybe you can try some guy's song
this one is too low for guy, or the key is not good for guy to sing, not easy to sing it in a stable way
well, keep it up:)

GeneralX - 2-15-2006 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
thanks GenX for the program~ i was gonna dl it anyways.. but since you've uploaded~ it's all the more convenience :)

no prob
i thought you started using Audition?

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 08:19 PM

haha i have it.. but then same thought as you.. cool edit pro and audition is basically the same thing.. but audition is 700mb lol
i don't need a program like that just to do recordings

IllusionX - 2-15-2006 at 09:09 PM

generalx: do you use your laptop to do the recording? doesn't it have a built in mic? on mine... even if i plug a mic.. the built in mic still records.. kinda shits me out when i tried it.

xtorox - 2-15-2006 at 09:23 PM

sorry ppl.. this morning i wasn't able to sing.. so i didn't record anything.. i just speak barely today.. cuz i only met 3 persons.. lol

i will record tomorow lo ^_^~ ll sleep earlier

GeneralX - 2-15-2006 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
generalx: do you use your laptop to do the recording? doesn't it have a built in mic? on mine... even if i plug a mic.. the built in mic still records.. kinda shits me out when i tried it.

i use my laptop to record, but i don't have a built in mic
i'm plugging my K mic to the sound card

SilentWish~* - 2-15-2006 at 09:52 PM

Quote:

you can set it to record from another source in goldwave as well as control panel under sounds --> devices

Chaotic Fiend - 2-16-2006 at 01:37 AM

yo how do i cut off the persons voice?

iChi - 2-16-2006 at 01:13 PM

wt program u use??? goldwave?/ if so
then open the Mp3 .(original song) then Effect , Stereeo, REduce Vocal ...then click ok

soryr guys...no tiem to record anything just yet..cuzzz exam tmr...hopefully ....after i study..or somethign ..i'll try to squeeze in a song >__<

GeneralX - 2-16-2006 at 01:35 PM

no prob iChi, my throat hurts too
too much hotpot these days:P

iChi - 2-16-2006 at 02:09 PM

!!!!! iii wantt soemee hot pot!!! i havent had hotpot since....LAST SATURDAY!! >__<
but Kbbq this saturday XD

IllusionX - 2-16-2006 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

you can set it to record from another source in goldwave as well as control panel under sounds --> devices

how? what OTHER sources you want me to use beside MIC?

iChi - 2-16-2006 at 05:01 PM

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RD1UOHAVW64G1DXELEA0QO64X

okok ...savfile..is like server full so had to ur YSI

this is...eason's 1874 ...near the end..my mic..screeched for like....3 seconds..so...be ware = bak to studyign!!

GeneralX - 2-16-2006 at 05:14 PM

1874 - iChi:
avoid singing with your mouth right in front the mic, that will cause clipping
falsettos have improved by a lot, you seem to love them now :D
at the end of each sentence, try not to cut too suddenly, that's kinda unnatural
high pitches are still not natural enough, for example, before the high pitch, you seem to be preparing for it:)
don't be afraid to spit it out, use all the power you have and concentrate in your daan tin and hei moon, then go for the high pitch, if you can do that, the note will be powerful and solid. try that next time
sometimes, you forgot the lyrics and dropped the beat; no worry, that happens to everybody too:D

great improvement, keep it up:)

iChi - 2-16-2006 at 05:26 PM

genx - haha ..i dunno if i love it yet..i ..just..try to sing it =p....i think is more like...MUST LEARN IT!! GAA DIE FALSETTO ..kinda thing lol...o ok lol.i'll avoid singing so close to the mic..cuz ..the sounds dat are ..bilabial ( ...like Pa...Ba..) i hear the....lil plosive sounds i make ( lol stupid psychlogy got to me lol) but yah i know = i'll definitely KNOW my stuff before i sing next time lol..cuz i was eager to post .../ sing..to get away from studying....but i dont wanan spend TOO much time on it..cuz everytime i sing i re-record like..over and over cuz sometims one wrong word or somethign..but this time...not enuf time = ..but i wanan post SOMETHIGN lol...also ..some songs i can ...some how do it..but some songs...it just doenst come out rite ..so ..yeh..i'll do better next time ^__^

myk - 2-16-2006 at 08:21 PM

galata: sorry, it was kind of hard for me to focus to hear Ella in the back lol :D like how others pointed out, I would love to hear you sing a guy's song to have a better judgement.. but the feel of the song was pretty good.. good job on your first recording!! :)

ichi: hmm, I think our expert generalx has pointed out everything lol :D so I'm merely here to give my appreciation :) glad you recorded something even though you were busy.. I think with the practicing you're getting now, you can only improve more and more!! good job!! :)

IllusionX - 2-17-2006 at 04:57 AM

i'm running out of songs!!! i have no choice but to do the old old ones.. lmao.. hopefully have time tonight for something keke.

iChi - 2-17-2006 at 10:11 AM

mykk - haah...dunt worry..dats more than enuf ^__^ lol its more like i wanan slack off =p=p

illux - OLD SONGS ARE AMAAZING lol..dont hesitate jsut because its an old song...i recorded a ...older jacky cheung song =p just havnet posteed

IllusionX - 2-17-2006 at 11:25 AM

i have 2 jacky cheung songs in mind.. but.. still need lots of practices...

let's say... something older.. =)

GeneralX - 2-17-2006 at 11:36 AM

you can't predict how old illusion can go for songs

iChi - 2-17-2006 at 05:46 PM

....how OLDDD can it be..i mean i listen to ..OLDD stuff too.... hui goon kit?...Joe JR? tam bing man?!

IllusionX - 2-17-2006 at 11:16 PM

hahahahaha.. generalx knows me well on that one :)

Chaotic Fiend - 2-18-2006 at 09:39 AM

ok one last question how do u put your voice together with the music lol

GeneralX - 2-18-2006 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
ok one last question how do u put your voice together with the music lol

guess i should write a tutorial later
my friend is asking me for help on that too

but if you're using Cool edit, do file> save mixdown as...

xtorox - 2-20-2006 at 08:15 PM

hohoho no more sick na ^_^~
i can sing now..

iChi - 2-20-2006 at 11:57 PM

alright!!!! glad ur ok now ....lol altho tis reading week ..but everyones having too much fun Lol....well lets hear soem TORO! :headbang:

mugenized - 2-21-2006 at 12:08 AM

Do I hear Outie Karaoke meet??

You guys should really have a get together and sing. I'll join..but only to drink...I suck at teh singing.

GeneralX - 2-21-2006 at 12:22 AM

make it soon or i'll be busy:)

GeneralX - 2-21-2006 at 10:30 PM

crap, where are the singers these days?

i would post something if i didn't have this frigging allergy bothering me

xtorox - 2-21-2006 at 10:48 PM

sorry i had to make my newspaper ads.. for tomorow.. and I just finish.. well tomorow afternoon i guess I will have nothing to do.. if i got time i will record..
crap work make me busy..
and the fact that i m almost broke.. puts me so much pressure.. ><~ T__T~:(

SilentWish~* - 2-21-2006 at 11:17 PM

yea.. i've been pretty busy with going out and playing recently lol.. cause of reading week i spend less time at home lol

GeneralX - 2-21-2006 at 11:26 PM

damn, you people are so happy with your reading week
mine is over and i have school now, my god...:(

SilentWish~* - 2-21-2006 at 11:38 PM

lol then i guess it's your turn to record some songs since you're always home :P

jkjk work hard in school~

GeneralX - 2-21-2006 at 11:43 PM

but i got my yearly seasonal allergy... my nose is stuffed
i used to have it around March, it comes earlier this year, sux

SilentWish~* - 2-21-2006 at 11:59 PM

lol maybe due to global warming? :D

IllusionX - 2-22-2006 at 04:16 PM

uh oh.!! i gotta watch out!

i'm just busy... i sleep way too late to sing during the next day...

iChi - 2-22-2006 at 06:55 PM

>__< i just came bak last night from SKii tripp....after snowboarding tooooo tired..i woke up at 3 lol...after i got up...started to do my programing assignemnet...which is taking me a while..i'll try to squeeze in tiem for song here and there...hopefully..soon = and GenX watch out for urslef ..XD

GeneralX - 2-22-2006 at 07:25 PM

thx iChi
looks like iChi is fully enjoying his reading week

ding i can't keep fooling around on outie anymore, still have a piano theory test tomorrow morning, gotta study:D

SilentWish~* - 2-23-2006 at 12:50 PM

lol outie's the place to procrasinate! :headbang:

xtorox - 2-23-2006 at 10:35 PM

so quiet these days.. busy as well
m.. gotta record one soon~

GeneralX - 2-23-2006 at 10:43 PM

those other ones are busy clubbing/partying
i busy with real shits
:D

i'll record some after my allergy is gone too

iChi - 2-24-2006 at 01:44 AM

ALRIGTH

GOT ONE =p

MING LEEN GUM YAT

http://www.savefile.com/files/1526014

WEee have fun guys XD

myk - 2-24-2006 at 02:03 AM

YAYYY!! :D GO ICHI GO!! I was waiting for someone to post.. lol.. I'm listening to your song now.. I love this Eason song btw.. lol and iChi, loving your songs more and more.. getting better each time!! good feelings.. I sensed the emotions, timing was good too!! :) nice improvement!! woww!! impressive!! :D great job! :) hmmm, I guess I'm first to hear your song, since most people should be sleeping while I'm wide awake.. lol.. keep it up iChi!! :)

GeneralX - 2-24-2006 at 02:12 AM

after reading myk's comments, i didn't go to sleep right away and listened to it, and it was improvement:D

Ming Neen Gum Yat - iChi:
pronounciation is quite good, good feeling too, the beat is still not perfect but not a problem there
and the high pitch has improved too; however, i think you put your voice at the wrong spot;) i heard that your voice is in the nose, should be behind the nose
i could heard it because i heard nasal sounds, but keep trying, you'll get to the right spot one day. If your voice can go to your nose, that means your 'diu jung' is not blocking the air that goes into the high pitch area, just keep trying! good job:)

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2006 at 02:14 AM

haha oh man i was gonna be the first one to reply~
well.. i guess it's only myk and me that's awake now..? :P

the rythm is a bit shaky~ like.. can't say you're off but can't say you're rite on~ but it gets better through the song~
and i guess it's your mic's problem.. cause it seems that treble is too high.. so your voice is too "thin"
but good job ichi~
maybe you can work on some advanced emotions while singing now.. so instead of singing with all the same feeling throughout.. the beginning can be sang more calmly.. to fit the lyrics.. sing like you're day dreaming.. dunno how to describe.. but it'll fit the beginning.. then add in more feelings at the chorus~

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2006 at 02:15 AM

wow GenX is still up too LOL
we ppl are living in like.. the hk time zone lol

myk - 2-24-2006 at 02:21 AM

wowww.. lol :D you guys are up too?? lol.. and silly me thought I was alone.. hahaha :D

maybe I should get more hong kong friends since most of my friends are sleeping right now.. lol :D or just log on to outie :)

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2006 at 02:27 AM

haha we're not in hk~ i'm in toronto.. and i think GenX is from vancouver?

iChi - 2-24-2006 at 02:31 AM

HAHAha..Kudos to u all for the great comments XD

and i swear....we need to fix our sleeping habits Lol....

and i shall improve myself!!!!

but jsut a note...when i sung this song...no sense of shortage of air....no sense of...uneasiness hitting the pitch...it was sung prety comfortably =p so dats a gd thing i think XD commong guys

post something up lOl

myk - 2-24-2006 at 02:31 AM

lol :D I'm from Toronto.. Richmond Hill too ya know.. hahaha.. I can't believe it's 4:30 already >.<" omg!! lol.. I should sleep SOON..

iChi - 2-24-2006 at 02:33 AM

u'll be surprised...but it seems all of us are from T.O lOl....since GenX seems to know time square....and 168 and stuf....i Asssumeee hes in TO lol....as for me im in markham XD but planning to move to RH

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2006 at 02:34 AM

lol i'm in Richmond Hill too~
man~ our distances are getting closer and closer lol

myk - 2-24-2006 at 02:38 AM

whoaa!! this is weird!! lol :D I used to live in Markham!! hahaha :D but now I'm in Richmond Hill.. lol

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2006 at 02:45 AM

hmm.. i'm hungry now cause it's been a while time since i ate :(

IllusionX - 2-24-2006 at 08:01 AM

oh no ichi@ my song! hehe.. oh well, nobody will touch my old school songs.. so that's a good thing ^^

GeneralX - 2-24-2006 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
oh no ichi@ my song! hehe.. oh well, nobody will touch my old school songs.. so that's a good thing ^^

i think i recommended you this song, didn't i?:D
here's another, nicholas tse - yau lok cheung (amusement park)

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2006 at 12:26 PM

oh yesyes GenX~ that's a good recommendation~ :)
i recommend to practice with that song as well illuX~

GeneralX - 2-24-2006 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
oh yesyes GenX~ that's a good recommendation~ :)
i recommend to practice with that song as well illuX~

oh, 'cause i first started practicing with that song too, some 5 years ago:D

IllusionX - 2-24-2006 at 01:43 PM

can someone send me the song? i can't find it.

GeneralX - 2-24-2006 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
haha we're not in hk~ i'm in toronto.. and i think GenX is from vancouver?

yo man, i'm a toronto guy, what makes you think i'm from vancouver, just that i'm adapted to the vancouver local time? :D

IllusionX - 2-24-2006 at 11:10 PM

let's stay on topic... if you want to discuss about your sleep time... do it elsewhere.. or in private... plleasssssseeee... :mad:

iChi - 2-24-2006 at 11:18 PM

dunt worry illuX we wont go off track lol...we're too DEDICATED to music =p
so did anyone be nice enuf to sned u the song yet?....maybe try hornisuka?!

GeneralX - 2-24-2006 at 11:22 PM

yo i have it, msn me when you see me online illu

IllusionX - 2-24-2006 at 11:27 PM

i think it's ok... i got the 192kbit mp3...

looking for ktv now...

iChi - 2-26-2006 at 11:12 PM

soooo any songs to ....suggest anyone?...
o yah GenX ...botu the Diu jung ....problem....can u ....try and specify a lil?...cuz a lil confuse =

GeneralX - 2-27-2006 at 12:24 AM

Quote:
soooo any songs to ....suggest anyone?...
o yah GenX ...botu the Diu jung ....problem....can u ....try and specify a lil?...cuz a lil confuse =

i'll try my best

1- this is what you call 'diu jung'
2- the high pitch area is the spot behind the nose (dip dau) that's the spot your air should hit to make the sound when singing high. and the 'bei hong' is the spot you DON'T want your air to end up into although your note is high enough
3- this is how your air should be directed, and notice that your 'diu jung' should not block the way of the air to hit the high pitch spot; when your high pitch notes are not natural, it's because your diu jung is fully or partially blocking the way
4- this is what you get when you try to sing high but the diu jung is blocking the way: some fcked up note that comes from random parts of your nose or your mouth:wacko:

hope this helps, i learned it from a vocal teacher
the rest is left for yourself to try and explore, good luck:)

right, too much time in hand:wacko:

iChi - 2-27-2006 at 01:10 PM

Whoaaaa so detailed!! thx man ....i'll try to.....self teach myself to....learn nad use my KI properly =p=p hopeuflly the results will show

iChi - 3-5-2006 at 12:49 AM

ahah the singing thread died..lemme..revive it a lil...recorded it yesterday..i notice some flaws myslef..but....i lost the feel for it right now..so...i guess i'll just post wt i have

http://www.savefile.com/files/9864902

myk - 3-5-2006 at 01:05 AM

it has definitely got quiet around here lol I haven't been in the right mood to record a song.. I feel and sound crappy hahaha :D thanks for uploading a song iChi!! :)

you sounded very soft throughout the song.. did you have to whisper again? :) it sounds like you're close to the mic? the high notes are pretty nice.. :) I love the song.. your mandarin is good.. I think I'm the only with horrible mandarin skills now hahaha good job iChi!! glad you posted a song!! :)

iChi - 3-5-2006 at 01:08 AM

haha...i had another version made where i SANG...LOUDDD...but then when i aksed my friend to compare....shes like..ok ....the SOFTER one is better thats how i came to this one =p

but thx for listenign!! lol...and a quik reply too lol..i uploaded it just like....not too long ago =p

lOL my mando is kinda crappy...some words....i had to listen over and over JUST to get the ...SIMILAR pronounciation =p ...maybe ppl are jsut busy these days and...running outa songs to sing lOL

myk - 3-5-2006 at 01:20 AM

lol :D good choice with the soft version lol since I think it suits the song better... but it felt soft throughout.. that's all :)

hahaha.. I'm always checking to see if I get to hear the great outie singers we got here ;) and I tend to still be up while you guys upload the songs.. lol

I think your mandarin is good.. seriously, I have like crappy cantonese and mandarin skills.. cause I don't know how to read chinese LOL :D that explains my weird pronunciation.. :) I need to use my own "ping yum" version of the song or memorize the song and guess my way through lol :D

iChi - 3-5-2006 at 01:23 AM

haha mykkk so supportive to the OutieSingers XD

lol...i had to reduce the volume of the ..voice so much cuz....in order to make it.... not kill ur ears ...had to lower the volume....but ..the original song i had was a bad quality one..meaning...the BACKGROUND sound is still dre as u may alreayd heard..so yahh..........

^__^ lets hear u beautiful singing agina!! =p ...whenever u feel comfy =p but yah...only adv i have over u is cuz i can read chinese lol dats botu it

myk - 3-5-2006 at 01:34 AM

lol :D yup!! I'm so supportive.. so everyone should come back and post now :P hahaha

ohhh I see.. that explains it.. :) but nonetheless.. loved the recording!! I think I only heard the background sound near the end.. it wasn't obvious.. lol

I would love to shatter all your ears once again.. lol :D once I get my normal voice back.. somehow.. i think my voice is changing which is freaking me out lol maybe it's the late nights >.<" I thought that by now.. I can read chinese since I see it so much.. guess not LOL I know easy words though!! anyways.. I think I should sleep.. goodnight!! :)

IllusionX - 3-5-2006 at 09:15 AM

i'm doing too much video edit/encoding lately.. no time to record.. :(

GeneralX - 3-5-2006 at 09:33 AM

my nose is still complaining, can't record

GeneralX - 3-5-2006 at 09:41 AM

It's you - iChi:
that was consistent, nicely done:D
but i heard that your voice ended up in the nose, do you have a stuffy nose? otherwise, try putting your voice in another place

again, your voice is stable in this one, very nice:thumbsup:

SilentWish~* - 3-5-2006 at 10:09 AM

wow~ i'm late for the update~ let me do it now~

GeneralX - 3-5-2006 at 10:00 PM

omg, i just noticed that iChi is owning the thread's title, all 3 songs are his, thanks for the contribution iChi:D

iChi - 3-5-2006 at 11:09 PM

hahah XDDD no prob....cuz...i get lazy a lot when im studying xD....i listen to sogns..then i try singing them lol....
or else how else would i improve ;)
but realy its not too fun bein the only one doign the signing xD it looks lik eim hoggin the thread =p so cmonn guys ..whenver u guys are free

GeneralX - 3-5-2006 at 11:14 PM

no time for me, 4 frigging oral presentations this month, i'm going crazy, and exams and shiets :wacko:

xtorox - 3-7-2006 at 10:56 PM

my god.. my voice is all screw up.. i guess cuz lack of energy.. lol~
drove 12h.. with 1 h sleep.. tired now.. voice is close now T_T~ i wanted to record something T_T~ but it went too wrong.. i ll post one song soon!

GeneralX - 3-7-2006 at 11:01 PM

haha, take your time, no rush:)

IllusionX - 3-9-2006 at 08:50 AM

i found a song... 二等天使.. B仔 sung pretty well... should i post it?

SilentWish~* - 3-9-2006 at 09:37 AM

outie doesn't allow chinese characters.. but anyways.. sure~ post anything you want man~ we'll all be supporting you~ :)

IllusionX - 3-9-2006 at 10:36 AM

it does. on IE, click view -> encoding -> Chinese tradiitonal.

SilentWish~* - 3-9-2006 at 11:14 AM

oh yo~ i never knew outie allowed chinese characters lol

oh that guy.. i've heard his other songs before
hmm.. not sure if you should post it cause we dunno him anyways lol

GeneralX - 3-9-2006 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
i found a song... 二等天使.. B仔 sung pretty well... should i post it?

no, don't post it; it's horrible:wacko:

Chaotic Fiend - 3-16-2006 at 09:36 AM

LOL I KNEW IT HAHAHAHA

song thread is dead

iChi - 3-16-2006 at 10:59 AM

lolll not really i check everyday lol just dont post..since i dont got a song wiht me lol...i acutally did a song...but then ...the ORIGINAL music cannot be processed LOlso i only have the voice lol =p and as for teh others they're all busy wiht their things so yahhhh

GeneralX - 3-16-2006 at 11:39 AM

it's not dead, i'll record a song somewhere around this weekend
i tried to do it last weekend, but i didn't know what song to sing
wanted to sing eason's 'fau kwa' but always eason, it's getting boring

maybe i'll do a wilfred lau this weekend

or perhaps another different version of 'fairytale'

xtorox - 3-16-2006 at 01:39 PM

alright people i record one song
from Aniu! m.. Girl in front look over here

hehe

http://www.savefile.com/files/6705672

kinda my version at the end lol

myk - 3-17-2006 at 01:28 AM

thanks for posting a song, xtoro!! :) I miss hearing everyone's voices lol

I'm quite slow with replying this time even though I downloaded the song in the afternoon lol :D xtoro, you have a really nice voice!! gotta love that cute voice.. lol :D this song is great for easy listening!! it made me smile a few times.. :) nicely done!! there was only this one part that the music was kinda overpowering your voice.. nonetheless.. great job, xtoro!! :D keep it up!!

GeneralX - 3-17-2006 at 07:34 AM

Girl in Front - xtorox:
finally another supporter of the thread, thx for the contribution to begin with

i think you need more power in your voice
put more power in your voice, then your voice will be more stable
and yea, the music is too loud sometimes
other than that, everything's good there, nice:D

xtorox - 3-17-2006 at 08:36 AM

yea.. i discover that too... lol i just didn't play with alower music volume..
i guess i fix the volume in the wrong place.. i guess my voice went 90% instead of 100%..
not sure ialready deleted that pre-recording file.

veksonator - 3-21-2006 at 12:43 AM

lol.. somehow discovered this thread from the stat page..hehe.. wow.. silentwish sings pretty well! omg!! there should be a outie singing contest.. it would be funny.. xD

iChi - 3-21-2006 at 03:53 PM

wow ...a new......person that talks in our thread XD

o btw...

xtorox - great singing there bud...ahah love the ending lol...self edit =p keep it up!! :headbang:

ANYWAY im acutally ehre...to talk to u guys..
since we have oursleves a sasuage fest...i was thinkin...uhh BACK THEN we discussed a collab...anyone interested in the song...by....Lam Hoi Fung...- Ngam Jee jO? ( boy group? ) its got ...Jan Lam (Lam hoi fung), ronald cheng...william so..leo koo..and edmund leung and...somehow ders invisible man lol..just wanted to know ur....opinions

GeneralX - 3-21-2006 at 04:06 PM

can you like send me the song so that i can listen to it first? 'cause i haven't even heard the song

iChi - 3-21-2006 at 05:51 PM

for sure man
http://www.savefile.com/files/7983409

here u go...enjoy =p

SilentWish~* - 3-21-2006 at 08:48 PM

lol for a second there.. i was gonna put that link on the front page thinking it's one of your songs~ lol and sure.. that song by jan lam sounds good to me~

veksonator~ thanks for the encouragement~ haha.. feel free to join us anytime~

veksonator - 3-25-2006 at 03:43 PM

ahhaah.. nah its ok.. i rather listen.. i cant sing..=p
that song from "lam g jo" is pretty good i think i might have the video clip xD

SilentWish~* - 3-25-2006 at 04:43 PM

yea.. i think that's pretty good for us to do our first song.. now how will we split the parts..?

iChi - 3-26-2006 at 03:47 PM

excellent it seems like u guys are ok with the song..nowww like silent wish said...SPLITTING the song..

..the way its divided can be found on here. .

http://www.souting.com/Lyrics/75425.htm

i dunno why its in simplified chinese...but...if u guys want i can...rewrite the thing in...traditional...

nowww...who would be interested in..

Jan Lam
Leo Koo
Ronald Cheng
Wiliam SO
Edmund Leung
and Invisible man ( ders like..teh intro wiht him)

or we can take a vote...which ever works but those are the parts

GeneralX - 3-26-2006 at 10:23 PM

yo, i don't care bro, just give me anything:D

[edit] oh my holy shit, how the hell do we split this? it'll turn out to be the most chaotic song ever made:D

SilentWish~* - 3-26-2006 at 10:30 PM

i'll take ronald cheng~

i think we should split the jan lam raps into parts as well

if we only have 4 ppl singing this.. i have it all split up in my mind
each person takes a singer.. then split the jan lam part into four as well~

the ending chorus is also split as well if you guys didn't notice.. it's edmond first.. then leo.. then william.. then ronald.. then it's all jan again for the repeat of the chorus

iChi - 3-26-2006 at 11:11 PM

which 4 do we have?....silent wish..genx...me..anddd?...o yeh...i asked xtorox to sing teh....invisible man part XD but no answer yet anyway..really?!...but near the end is like..ALL together tho rite? liek the chorus part...but yah...i guess i'll try.. edmund either or is ok well acutally all of them are ok with me lOl..so wtever uhh but yes..i say ...each person assigned a jan part as well..only thing is...u know how its liek...one of the other 4 then singer...jsut gotta make sure no one is..doing....like....jan AND the other singer of that ...verse...but im sure u alreyad figured tat out =p so yah!

[edit] ok i see wt silent wish meant by the....the end is still ahving a specific order to it ..

SilentWish~* - 3-27-2006 at 11:52 AM

haha yes ichi.. well.. when we have all 4 singers.. i'll tell you guys the arrangement i had in mind and you guys and see if you like it or not~

and yes~ lol i was thinking to ask xtorox to sing the invisible man part too lol

iChi - 3-27-2006 at 01:35 PM

XD great minds think alike =p (obviously all of us =p) maybe i'll look up the OLDDDD collab list of who wanted to...collab..and i'll do the u2u-ing.i'll get bak once someone replies!!

[edit] in the msgs ..i told them ...ders only one ..spot left...so...maybe we can...have them record and ...we pick it at the end?...or...u have any other ideas silentwish? genx? any other member of the thread!? XD commetns welcomed

if anyone who read this and want to participate or i left u out or something just u2u

SilentWish~* - 3-27-2006 at 06:05 PM

hmm.. well.. i think it's kinda mean to leave ppl who wanna participate outta this.. after all.. this should be open to everyone~ and we're not like.. popular to choose who we wanna work with~ we don't have that type of authority~ but i mean.. if there isn't that many ppl.. then we can just go with 4 ppl

iChi - 3-27-2006 at 06:36 PM

very true, everyone...truely appreciate the help..since ur not OBLIGATED to help us XD

iChi - 3-31-2006 at 11:00 PM

just wanted to guys to know..we foudn our 4th...Trio was the only one that msged bak..so yah XD no trouble der =p

Chaotic Fiend - 4-2-2006 at 04:59 AM

sorry ichi i was bsing about join the collab LOL

im not sure you guys would wanna hear me sing, i mean if you guys wanna live a couple years longer

iChi - 4-2-2006 at 02:39 PM

ahaha no need to apologize =p s'ok ^__^ i forgot but i think i put down BYS2 for fun XD

xtorox - 4-22-2006 at 06:21 PM

u ppl died?! lol
o well I m coming up soon with 2 songs.. one homemade Call princess =P

and the other might be a song from a taiwanese drama..

GeneralX - 4-23-2006 at 06:45 PM

woah~ homemade, nice!:D
i don't know about the song, don't ask me, i'm still waiting for orders

iChi - 4-23-2006 at 07:40 PM

we 're not deeaddd..we're just......examing loL....(altho im probably dead for my exams) but anywayyy.OO home made song..sounds coo...

GenX........i have no clue wts hapepning lol...im like u..waiting for orders...silent wishh...sayyy summthinggg ...Lol..

SilentWish~* - 4-24-2006 at 07:19 AM

haha hey ppl~
just finished my second last exam.. my last one will be tomorrow at 3pm.
but after that i'll be a bit busy preparing my trip to jap and hk from may 2nd to may 28th. Not sure if i'll be able to record a song before that.. but i'll try ;)

Gekkeijyu - 4-26-2006 at 09:15 PM

oh hey cool...this is an interesting thread (i've never explored the Alley before). my kinda stuff too. i used to record myself on computer but my microphone is a piece of shit and my computer room has crappy acoustics, so it always comes out shitty-sounding.

anyone ever tried to record their own instruments? i find it a pain in the ass to record my guitar (especially finger picking).

GeneralX - 4-26-2006 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gekkeijyu
oh hey cool...this is an interesting thread (i've never explored the Alley before). my kinda stuff too. i used to record myself on computer but my microphone is a piece of shit and my computer room has crappy acoustics, so it always comes out shitty-sounding.

anyone ever tried to record their own instruments? i find it a pain in the ass to record my guitar (especially finger picking).

i just finished learning a David Tao, i'll record a version of sing&play soon, hope it won't turn out too horrible:)

Gekkeijyu - 4-26-2006 at 10:09 PM

which one? if you say "pu tong peng yo", and pull it off, then you'll earn my respect for life. cuz that's a bleedin' hard song to learn.... (EITHER singing or playing)

david tao in general is a pain in the ass to attempt, cuz he uses falsetto so frequently.....and falsetto is tough to pull off...

GeneralX - 4-26-2006 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
which one? if you say "pu tong peng yo", and pull it off, then you'll earn my respect for life. cuz that's a bleedin' hard song to learn.... (EITHER singing or playing)

david tao in general is a pain in the ass to attempt, cuz he uses falsetto so frequently.....and falsetto is tough to pull off...

Lonely Season, just translate it word by word into chinese

Gekkeijyu - 4-26-2006 at 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralX
Lonely Season, just translate it word by word into chinese

oh wait 'seasons of loneliness' i think i have it somewhere.

anyway i figured out how to record my guitar....i have to place the mike horizontally about 2 inches from my guitar sound-hole (forgot proper name) and then wrap a paper around it like a cone to block out the noise (especially from my PC) and to funnel the guitar sound. and then once i record it, normalize the file so the volume gets jacked to the max.

singing i find is a problem because of the noise. i used the paper cone thing again but that messed up the acoustics of my voice so it sounds tinny like a radio. oh well.

i got bored between studying, so i recorded and mixed a song. i screw up a couple times in the guitar, and i also missed a beat a few times in the singing, but for the most part its smooth.

enjoy... (my friend cried when she heard this)

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6923884

myk - 4-27-2006 at 02:52 PM

YAY!! new song and new voice! :D
Gekkeijyu, you have a sweet voice which suits the song very well :) I'm listening to your song repeatedly and I'm spacing out which is a good thing! VERY soothing to listen to. the background music sounds awesome!! very impresssive! ;) I really like the song, is it by Sade? thanks for posting! hope to hear more recording from you. Great Job, Gekkeijyu!! :D

Gekkeijyu - 4-28-2006 at 07:47 AM

thanks man

i probably could have edited it up some more (well i still have the raw files) but i kinda sped my way thru it. took me 15 min. oh well.

yeah its by sade. i don't know if you knew that already or got it from the song description on the download site, but yeah it is. its one of my favorite songs. it works both as a lullaby and a serenading song for girls. i got a lot of older songs from before that i have on my hd...but they....laughable...haha....

GeneralX - 4-28-2006 at 09:35 AM

i listened but forgot to leave a comment:P
yeah, the guitar playing was actually good, i think better than me:)
and some spots where you said you missed on the guitar, i didn't here that
anyway, very good job
it's not easy to record a play&sing, 'cause you're under pressure when you're in front of the mic

myk - 4-28-2006 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
yeah its by sade. i don't know if you knew that already or got it from the song description on the download site, but yeah it is. its one of my favorite songs. it works both as a lullaby and a serenading song for girls. i got a lot of older songs from before that i have on my hd...but they....laughable...haha....

opps.. :P I didn't notice it on the description. lol :D I wanted to download it quickly and didn't read anything on the d/l site haha.. ah well, I heard the song before but I wasn't sure if it's by Sade. the lyric is so sweet, gotta love a song like that! and I would love to hear some older songs. oldies rock! :headbang:

Gekkeijyu - 4-29-2006 at 01:58 AM

Quote:
it's not easy to record a play&sing, 'cause you're under pressure when you're in front of the mic

oh i didn't quite do a play and sing...at least not simultaneously. i recorded the guitar part first, saved it to a file, and while it was playing in the background, recorded the singing, then mixed the two files together. that way i can concentrate on each task (guitar and singing) 100%. otherwise, there'd be a lot more off-tune or missed chords. overall, there was minimal editing....and i only did 3-4 takes, which i think is quite low. i don't know....next time i think i'll try a harder song....an old sinatra song. if i pull it off, it should sound great....

myk, when i said "older songs" i mean songs i recorded a long time ago....you know...when i was....less experienced....

FroggyStyle - 6-8-2006 at 12:21 AM

aww this thread is dying =( ..i liked listenign to other people sing...seeing that im in chior..i WOULD sing but im too white washed =P...and too self conscious..

iChi - 6-9-2006 at 12:12 AM

hahh its all gd man....i mean..i dont mind white songs lol..we're only listening to others singing to see wt to improve etc etc..i mean..gen x and the others been like...helping me wiht the falsetto stuff. .lol..but since ur in the choir i have a questio nfor u....is quit vague but yah...how exactly are u suppose ot harmonize?>..i never took piano so dunno harmony..but..to a new learner lets say..how would u ..tell them or instruct them on how to get the harmonized effect....i've been trying to figure it out..do i sing semi tone higher?..whole tone?..major ? minor? lower ? higher? like...just kinda confused ..plz someone help out !! cuz me and my friend trying to sing a song thats harmonized..but...i guess i wanan know how to do it PROPERLY...all we did was....one person sang lower than the other...while tring to keep the tune of the song lol...and wtever sounded decent =p

FroggyStyle - 6-9-2006 at 01:57 AM

hmm how exactly to harmonize....i have no idea =P i just sing until it sounds rite...i think i like it being more sharp?..sounds better than flat.. hahaha sorry for the lack of help ....and yea it also doesnt' help that ihave little or no skill at music...every instrument i tried i've been pretty bad at....><...including singing!

hehehe choir final today (im in hs btw) the song my frd and i are singing is Hakuna Matata! its a great song actually.. =D
its too high =P i hope the comedy of the song takes over.

iChi - 6-9-2006 at 11:44 AM

hahah no problemmmm its ok, someone who read it might answer my question XD dotn wrory bout it..but hey..hakuna matata is a GREAT song...i sang it bak when i was in Hs, altho it was for a drama play.....( i was actually the....lighting and sound ..but me nad my frds were just singing along...while....changing the words lol...) but yah....me and some frds are big fan of..disney music....its great tunes lol...keep trying!! it'll work out..as for instruments.....keep searching for the one that fits u i guess lol....i never found it till hs XD well i play guitar...piano..sax....but honestly speaking i was never gd at any one of them in particular..maybe cept sax..cuz it was for school band lol

IllusionX - 6-10-2006 at 12:45 PM

Hmm.. it's so quiet lately....

well, i believe someone actually sing that song (not janice)...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DFB528BA72B6F7ED

FroggyStyle - 6-11-2006 at 01:45 AM

lol ichi...i was in violin for 5 years -- including elementary-- and i still sucked shit...lol i bet lots of people a grade lower than me were better than me....i got away with "shadowing" or fake palying at concerts hahahaha

GeneralX - 6-11-2006 at 06:25 PM

harmony, you don't necessarily sing lower, you can sing higher (eg. Eason harmonizing in Better Man, with Nic Tse)
but don't learn harmony yet, it's a different thing:D
try this http://www.harmony.org.uk

iChi - 7-3-2006 at 11:58 PM

OKkk..lets ..revive things a bit .......this is just a lil something me and my frd did.... not the best...nor is it PROPER harmony..its just kinda on the spot...tried to make it sound a lil different =...havent really thot of how to really harmonize it ..but...this is the sample ...and until we find out how to make it sound better...this is all i have :D

http://www.savefile.com/files/1100578

myk - 7-4-2006 at 12:58 AM

that sounded pretty cool, iChi!! :) I don't know how to do harmony even though I was a band nerd. I was in choir for awhile too. lol :D but we never got to it before I left. the song thread will NEVER die. I've been lazy lately. I'll try to record something, maybe. lol :D I definitely miss everyone's singing though. :)

GeneralX - 7-4-2006 at 02:26 AM

wow, myk is just light fast:D
oh well iChi, i'm in the office right now, gimme some time after supper to enjoy your sweet voice:P

SilentWish~* - 7-4-2006 at 05:38 AM

hey if i didn't have to go to work.. i'd still be up at 3am and i'd be faster than myk :D
i'm in the office rite now.. but let me update the first post with your song~

iChi - 7-4-2006 at 08:26 AM

lol....its funny how we're all here....just....no one talks LOL...

but yah dats alright guys...u all have work....i need a job ... and when i GET one...i probably will be like u guys too loll.....

and myk...yah!! record somethign!! lol

but thx guys XD

for those who havnet heard it...uhh the song is like only 1 min....its really short...as i said it was a ..sample..and ders a HUGEEEEE blank at the end lol

SilentWish~* - 7-4-2006 at 08:55 AM

lol i was gonna say that you forgot to crop out the blank at the end haha.. so the file can be A LOT smaller~ then for some reason i forgot about it right after i updated the first post :D

xtorox - 7-5-2006 at 09:06 PM

acappellA?! not bad.. but some places.. the mixing of the sound.. weren't good good.. but anyhow.. nice thing this is reviving somehow

iChi - 7-6-2006 at 07:43 PM

lol.. just trying to bother u guys XD can anyone help me find a song?

Edmond Leung - Chut Yau ( 7 Yau )
( Vocal version )..like...only singing...no....music at the background..
yah..ppl from the request forum has no reply...so had to bug u guys sorry >< ...

-- thx in advnce

GeneralX - 7-6-2006 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
lol.. just trying to bother u guys XD can anyone help me find a song?

Edmond Leung - Chut Yau ( 7 Yau )
( Vocal version )..like...only singing...no....music at the background..
yah..ppl from the request forum has no reply...so had to bug u guys sorry >< ...

-- thx in advnce

let me try to make one for you in cool edit, when do you want it?
i'll try to make it as perfect as possible, but if i fail, i'll let you know

iChi - 7-7-2006 at 12:06 AM

lol....thxxxx moddddd gor
but then i think the ..vocal only version is like..more....SOUL...HIP HOP feel...or somethign..(acording to my frd) its sung differently =p jsut wanted to hear how different jeh..

but having a edited version isnt bad either =p

angelic.gothika - 7-15-2006 at 01:33 PM

i have annn awesome idea.
sumone shud sing beautiful by james blunt :)

FroggyStyle - 7-17-2006 at 12:59 AM

lol about my choir final..(if anyone cares =P) a frd of mine got it on type..need to re u/l on youtube -_-...movements + sound arent in sync ...i got 100% on it hahahaha suck-up like...can't really hear us tho..
K youtube is gay always lags when i upload

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=9814000

plz dont post on front page thx ^^ i dont think this is relaly signign cuz u cant hear

Gekkeijyu - 7-23-2006 at 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by angelic.gothika
i have annn awesome idea.
sumone shud sing beautiful by james blunt :)

funny you should mention that
i was actually just contemplating recording it
dont' have time now though.....so watch this space....

SilentWish~* - 8-17-2006 at 07:27 PM

woah~ reviving this thread with not just a reply.. but a SONG!

another song with Ching (the girl who sang the first duet with me). I know the sound quality is not the best.. and our notes are not perfect.. but it's something we spent some time on.. esp me.. cause i didn't know the song until today when i recorded it :P

SilentWish & Ching - Heart Hurt Heart Moved
(right click --> save as..)

myk - 8-18-2006 at 11:55 PM

wow.. everyone is busy!! I'm surprised no one is faster than me!! :D I d/led the song right away. sorry it took a while to reply. I never heard this song before. I like the song, but it's most likely because of you and your friend's voice. lol

SilentWish, you got feel!! I can tell from your tone that you try to give emotion to what you sing which is awesome!! your friend has a nice voice!! :) but I think she can make her voice stronger for certain parts to give it some emphasis. It kinda feels like she dragging. but overall, I think you both did GREAT!! NICELY DONE!! :D

SilentWish~* - 8-19-2006 at 12:03 AM

thanks myk~
i think her voice sounds a bit dragging because of her mic quality..
she recorded in a low volume.. and her mic has a lot of noise.. so i had to take the noise away and increase the volume a WHOLE lot in order to get her up to there she is now.. so that's why it sounds weird.. and kinda.. stuffy~ but thanks for your time listening.. and thanks for your comments :)

this was a hard song.. for me at least.. and we dunno mandarin.. so we struggled at that too~ haha
thanks for liking our song :D

and yes.. i guess everyone's too busy to be on outie~ or perhaps too busy going out since it's the summer~ haha

GeneralX - 8-19-2006 at 08:54 AM

great Silentwish~ you did well in this one:D

the girl's voice lacks power and breath though, but she did well in the harmony
i haven't heard the original song, so that's all i can say, sorry

but overall, not much to criticize, it's great:)

lbrother28 - 8-19-2006 at 04:38 PM

"need you every minute" from TVB series Return of the cuckoo
Can someone find that song for me please? Upload it to threat or market?

btw its the version by Julian Cheung and Charmaine :)

SilentWish~* - 8-20-2006 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
great Silentwish~ you did well in this one:D

the girl's voice lacks power and breath though, but she did well in the harmony
i haven't heard the original song, so that's all i can say, sorry

but overall, not much to criticize, it's great:)

thanks for listening and your encouragement General~ :)

SilentWish~* - 9-16-2006 at 09:15 PM

First song recorded with my gf~ :)

SilentWish & Sum - Ji Hei Hei Yan

Chi - 9-17-2006 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
First song recorded with my gf~ :)

SilentWish & Sum - Ji Hei Hei Yan

wow, very nice

i love the original of this song, and ur gf sings well, sounds alot like theresa at alot of times, or is it just me imagining the original in my head.

neways, i enjoyed hearing this.

keep up the good work

SilentWish~* - 9-17-2006 at 02:26 PM

thanks for listening chi~ yes.. this song fits her vocal range very well~ and her voice base is similar to theresa~ so this song is able to give her voice her best performance~ but too bad i mixed my voice a little too loud so it didn't match with her voice.. should have mixed my voice lower in volume :(

iChi - 9-17-2006 at 06:12 PM

alright ...its not the best i've done...in my opinion....nor is it the worse..i think ah ngau was the wors lol..but anyway yah eason - 1 chai wan ho

http://www.savefile.com/files/82782

and SilentwISh...tat was amazing!! in the beginning it sounds pretty close to the real thing!

GeneralX - 9-17-2006 at 07:05 PM

silentwish - ji hei hei yan:
your gf has a pretty clear voice and matches the song, good one
but the mixing needs a bit more work, did you two not sing together? i mean did one of you record first, and mix the other's voice to it? 'cause the voices seem to have different qualities. i think your voice is louder and the bass is heavier

btw, you should boost the treble of your vocal track and the bass of the music, when the voice has more bass, it will sound "blurring"

other than that, good one:D

iChi - still good:
the voice kinda lacks a bit of strength, and don't afraid to hit the high notes; relax and put some power when you arrive at the high pitches. it sounds kinda contradicting right? by relax i mean just don't be afraid to go off, just let your voice out and hit the pitch you wanted to go
right now, your voice sounds like it's being "suppressed", you did hit the right pitch though, it's the way of singing it is not perfect

well, keep it up:D

btw, i need a female voice, does some female member want to work with me on that Jay Chow's song? the "Twilight: Chapter 7" song? it's the first song of his latest album. it won't be long, it's just something like 8 lines, and not difficult
please help me, thanks~:D

iChi - 9-17-2006 at 08:29 PM

Thxxxx genx!! yah i'll try..to....TRY TO ..next time....i dunno why..i m in a recording mood today...heres anothero ne LOl....HOPING its a lil better...i acutally TRIED to relax a lil...but not sure how it sounds to ur ears lol...hope u wont die from it lol...neway here it is
hacken - go mui

http://www.savefile.com/files/83237

GeneralX - 9-17-2006 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Thxxxx genx!! yah i'll try..to....TRY TO ..next time....i dunno why..i m in a recording mood today...heres anothero ne LOl....HOPING its a lil better...i acutally TRIED to relax a lil...but not sure how it sounds to ur ears lol...hope u wont die from it lol...neway here it is
hacken - go mui

http://www.savefile.com/files/83237

this is a hard song, it's not as easy as it seems;)
actually, it's quite tricky: falsetto, change of pitch
it's quite good in the beginning, but then you couldn't hold your voice after the first falsetto, losing your breath
maybe work on falsetto later, try song that do not have falsetto first

lo lik:)

SilentWish~* - 9-17-2006 at 11:52 PM

thanks for listening guys~

yes genx~ i agree.. mixing could have been better.. but cause i don't have much knowledge in mixing.. :(
but turns out that my gf's voice fit the song so much that despite the lack of my mixing.. she sounds very good~ haha.. but yes.. my voice can use lots more touch up~ thanks~

IllusionX - 9-28-2006 at 08:17 PM

wahahah!!! i need to find a partner to sing with me lol

need to learn new songs too!!

QQ - 10-19-2006 at 12:54 AM

yo shiet, SW, ur girl's voice is exactly like stephy's man...
im impresseddd man...
seriously
not 100%, it would be 90% at least...

as for you being Alex Fong, its similar but not as much as ur girl's man...

cuz when i heard it i was like :o

SilentWish~* - 10-19-2006 at 05:16 PM

lol.. thanks QQ~
it's actually theresa~ not stephy~ haha.. i'd prefer it if my girl sounds like stephy tho :P

as for my voice.. i'm kinda glad i don't sound like alex.. cause i don't really like his voice haha.. and i think it's cause of the mixing.. like i've mentioned above.. so my voice doesn't really match the background's :(

thanks for listening tho ^^

Prox - 11-18-2006 at 06:15 AM

Are others also allowed to upload their music here? :o

iChi - 11-18-2006 at 09:00 PM

yes!! anyone interested can post up anything ...they sing...or....anything...cool...related to msuic i guess...but preferbly its singing of their own xD

Prox - 11-20-2006 at 07:43 AM

haha awesome! ill upload a reagge song me and a friend did to mess with our music teacher... (lyrics taken from various bob marley songs and more, one part is in swedish from "Jojje Wadenius - Min Mask") dont take this too serious =x

http://www.uploading.com/files/MJNWEGSS/katt.mp3.html l download... (all rights reserved) hahaha we actually reported this song and have playrights on it! (thanks goes to my Music Buisness Teacher <3

SilentWish~* - 11-21-2006 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TehProx
haha awesome! ill upload a reagge song me and a friend did to mess with our music teacher... (lyrics taken from various bob marley songs and more, one part is in swedish from "Jojje Wadenius - Min Mask") dont take this too serious =x

http://www.uploading.com/files/MJNWEGSS/katt.mp3.html l download... (all rights reserved) hahaha we actually reported this song and have playrights on it! (thanks goes to my Music Buisness Teacher <3

welcome~ can you please give me the singers' names as well as the song name so i can update the song in the thread title? or do you not want the song to be taken seriously to be at the front of the page?

Prox - 11-22-2006 at 07:42 AM

oh that would be lovely ;D

Jedysh & Kedysh - Song for the unknown haha couldnt figure out a name for the song

xtorox - 12-22-2006 at 02:37 AM

xmas is coming =P i ll record a super fast song before xmas..

have yourself a merry little xmas i guess that ll b the song name

SilentWish~* - 12-22-2006 at 04:10 PM

SilentWish - Yung Hay (Courage)

:)

GeneralX - 12-24-2006 at 11:55 AM

oh, new song!~ onionlove

the beginning was not stable enough, but it got much better at the end
then the last chorus was not "fong" enough
overall it's good~ and i like how you change the style of the song, quite a fresh feeling
ganbatte kudasaionionidea

i'll try to do Lonely Christmas today too, since it's xmas

GeneralX - 12-24-2006 at 02:32 PM

forget it, not singing lonely christmas, it clips at the second chorus, my mic or my soundcard sucks too much

SilentWish~* - 12-25-2006 at 04:26 PM

hehe thanks for listening genx~

hope more ppl will record songs during the christmas holiday~

Chi - 12-26-2006 at 12:59 AM

nice to see another addition to this thread.

overall it was decent and nice to listen to.

plus i really like this song and havent heard it since a long time, so thanks for the great song.

Quote:
and i like how you change the style of the song, quite a fresh feeling

isnt that how its usually sang?

GeneralX - 2-23-2007 at 03:53 PM

let me contribute something too, Eason's 富士山下
please excuse my lack of breath and the bad falsetto blending:wacko:
i don't know how to record songs anymore

removed, need some improvements

thank you for listening

Chi - 2-23-2007 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
thank you for listening

no problem, i love this song... sing it all the time too.

you sing pretty good, sometimes i get u mixed up with silentwish

keep it up.

GeneralX - 2-23-2007 at 04:59 PM

thank you Chi:)

maybe both of our voice are thick?

GeneralX - 2-24-2007 at 01:05 PM

ok, here's the final version
reworked on the falsetto blending
hope it's not too bad

Download

SilentWish~* - 2-24-2007 at 10:55 PM

first one genx :D

i have to say.. VERY good job on this one
rythm is perfect.. i find this song's rythm is hard to catch when i'm singing k.. maybe the DIY word speeds are messing me up.. but still..
falsetto.. the beginning was GOOD.. but still A BIT noticable that it's KINDA sharped.. or flat.. or whatever.. but i know i'm too picky.. i'm sure it sounds perfect for most ppl.. BUT after the first chorus the falsetto's were perfect!
you were perfect on every note~

i find this song hard to sing for me.. cause i tend to put lots of air into the words.. hence.. i "pun" air out with the words so it sounds like it has more feeling to it.. kinda like how eason does it~
and that's a point i'd like to make.. although you have all the notes perfected.. it's kinda lacking a little feeling~ you've got feeling.. but it can use more~ :)

but overall.. i think it's perfect already man.. it sounds easy to sing.. but i think this song requires lots of air to sing it GOOD! good job genx!!! :headbang:

GeneralX - 2-24-2007 at 11:28 PM

hey thanks silentwish
your comment about the feeling is exactly the same as my friend's:D
he said i just don't have the feeling that eason put into the song, his tone is just depressing, i can't do that, need practice, haha
and he also said my voice sounds too young to have that kind of tone, well perhaps
as for the rythm, i gotta agree, i resang as many as 5 times in those parts that have no bg music; simply frustrating

i think i'll have another try on this song later, i'll resing it
thanks again for the comment:)

ron.au - 3-12-2007 at 03:28 PM

I've got to say generalx, that was pretty damn good
judging from the pics you posted in the picture thread i would've never put you on a voice like that, cuz you look so young
but how did your voice blend in so well with the music, it's sounds pretty close to a professional recording... any special programs that you use and your mic

GeneralX - 3-12-2007 at 03:56 PM

the voice blending is all done through reverberation(?), do a full reverb on your vocal track
i did this using cool edit pro 2

Jin - 7-10-2007 at 09:37 PM

this is like first time in this tread .. omg genx O.O ur a fawking artist LOL.. its so good im keeping this song xD

doydoy - 7-11-2007 at 12:26 AM

genx keep it up.. very nicely done.. iam a fan now!!

Jin - 7-23-2007 at 06:47 PM

btw genx. the song u sang, is it same as 陈奕迅 - 爱情转移(mandrian) its by same arist i dunno, the lyric its kinda diff but it SOUND simliar.

GeneralX - 7-26-2007 at 12:00 PM

oh thanks guys, didn't even notice this

yea Jin, that's the mandarin version of it

aznxmaster - 11-25-2007 at 10:48 AM

hey! ionno if its me but i cant dwl songs from savefile.com it keep givin me an error and says file not found =T

GeneralX - 11-27-2007 at 09:14 PM

'cause files there get deleted after a certain period

iChi - 11-28-2007 at 12:24 AM

and none of us added new stuff on there
XD

man..wt happen to our OLD ACTIVE DAYS Lol

GeneralX - 11-28-2007 at 11:37 AM

i don't know how to sing anymore, so i'm not gonna record anything before i remember or learn how to sing properly

IllusionX - 12-8-2007 at 09:34 AM

same here...

actually, i never actually was able to sing properly.. -.-

aznxmaster - 12-15-2007 at 08:09 AM

i wish i was able to sing =)

iChi - 12-17-2007 at 04:46 PM

ahaha...well theres always room for improvement right~!?
common guyss dont be so gloom lOL..

aznxmaster - 12-17-2007 at 05:35 PM

I would like to hear outiens sing~ xD use soundclick.com to uplaod audio~

natayee - 12-17-2007 at 06:51 PM

i always wanted to record my own song but then i dun have the program ta remove the original voice from a song... i used to get a good friend of mine to do it for me but i stopped coz it's so annoying to keep bothering him~

GeneralX - 12-18-2007 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by natayee
i always wanted to record my own song but then i dun have the program ta remove the original voice from a song... i used to get a good friend of mine to do it for me but i stopped coz it's so annoying to keep bothering him~

http://www.wo99.com/
vocal-free soundtracks, most of them ripped from KTV

natayee - 12-18-2007 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by natayee

http://www.wo99.com/
vocal-free soundtracks, most of them ripped from KTV

Thanks!~~~~~
do you use Goldwave to merge the sound tracks together???

GeneralX - 12-20-2007 at 12:59 AM

nope, cooledit pro 2.0 for me

SilentWish~* - 12-20-2007 at 04:39 AM

yea, you got confused~
i'm the guy who uses goldwave~ :P

natayee - 12-20-2007 at 07:27 PM

i know u use goldwave :headbang:
u told me to dl that approx. 6 years ago silentwish! :P that was my 1st yr university keeeee

aznxmaster - 12-23-2007 at 10:40 PM

so is any outians going to post their songs? =)

SilentWish~* - 1-11-2008 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aznxmaster
so is any outians going to post their songs? =)

sounds like you're interested to post YOUR songs :)
well.. i guess all the outiens who's willing to post their songs have already posted~ when are you posting yours? :D

natayee is so cute :%

Gekkeijyu - 2-15-2008 at 01:00 AM

no posts in a while eh
prepare for a slam of songs, once i figure out how to posts them (i forgot how)
i'm making a cd for my gf =)
...was supposed to be for valentines but i couldn't finish it in time so i'm gonna do it for her birthday

hmm wow i hope she doesn't go on this forum otherwise her surprise will be ruined (her fault)

ps: fuck all the old songs on page 1 are gone....

Gekkeijyu - 2-15-2008 at 01:04 AM

hey there delilah
http://www.savefile.com/files/1381534
-off-tune in the beginning

(you wanna) make a memory
http://savefile.com/files/1381541
-goes off tune a couple times in the middle
-my "runs" don't go off so well near the end

iChi - 2-12-2009 at 02:18 AM

still very confused about RECORDING, like i seen ppl on youtube..i guess they jsut use like whtever webcam progrma they have..but they voice are so ..crisp..its so CLEAR...mines prety muffled i dunno why any.suggestions?

also

i think i fixed my mic problem! cuz when i record JSUT voice..its no problem..cuz the program is pretty good at noise reduction! but video..no good :( after seeing those guys putting up vids on youtube i wanan do it LOL

GeneralX - 2-13-2009 at 10:19 AM

get a real mic for vocal and hook it up to your mic input of your computer
and some recording programs are wise enough to do all the adjustments itself to take your voice, such as Sonar, and Sonar has this vocal plugin that postprocesses your vocal track in 1 click

however that program is not very noobie friendly, but once you know how to use it, it's just awesome, one of the most useful functions it has is loop-recording, you can record one part of the song as many times as you want until you get the perfect take:D

goturtle - 1-16-2010 at 06:40 AM

could anyone post the following songs on the market or any other way i could get it if they have it? much appreciated. thanks.

GLAY- Missing You
Uehara Takako- My First Love My Greatest Memories
Hideaki Tokunaga- Saigo No Iiwake
Do As Infinity- We Are
Misia- Unforgettable Days
XJAPAN-Say Anything
Utada Hikaru- Eternally
The Brilliant Green-There Will Be Love There Tsumetai Hana

Smart_Monkey - 2-2-2010 at 01:14 PM

Youtube them, then google media converter.

Anyways, someone sing something already, or reupload those all songs, all them links are broken and i wanna see some singing lol.

darkjyn - 7-31-2010 at 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goturtle
could anyone post the following songs on the market or any other way i could get it if they have it? much appreciated. thanks.

GLAY- Missing You
Uehara Takako- My First Love My Greatest Memories
Hideaki Tokunaga- Saigo No Iiwake
Do As Infinity- We Are
Misia- Unforgettable Days
XJAPAN-Say Anything
Utada Hikaru- Eternally
The Brilliant Green-There Will Be Love There Tsumetai Hana

i have eternally i'll upload it for you! sorry i'm new here so apologies if wrong thread/just following suit this is alley so i should go market? thanks :D