outie.net Media Portal

help me rid my mouth of this evil...
oxy5 - 2-11-2010 at 08:37 PM

uhhhgggg, i constantly bite myself in the inside of my mouth and it usually leads to canker sores to form... just recently, i bit myself and caused 2 to form. Even worse is that they join together to create a massive fucker....:mad:

Any good remedies to rid my mouth of this painful problem?

Arashi - 2-11-2010 at 08:42 PM

If you constantly do it, it's possible that there is something wrong with your bite or teeth alignment. If you've been doing it for a long time you should go see your dentist about it.

But as for cures for canker sores... personally I rarely get them so I can't help you there.

oxy5 - 2-11-2010 at 08:49 PM

urrr thanks anyways

about the dental alignment issue, i've had braces (now theyre removed) so i dont think thats the issue :S

Nolyrk - 2-11-2010 at 08:49 PM

I use to have the same problem till I was 18. My mom sort of corrected me, she told me to keep my mouth as moist as possible, i.e. chew gum, drink water often (not a lot, but often), and don't eat so much fried and oily stuffs, which will make the skin in your mouth ultra sensitive and you will bite on it unconsciously.
And she also told me to look at the mirror when I start biting from the inside, then I realized how freaking ugly that face can be LoL

Nolyrk - 2-11-2010 at 08:52 PM

Ohh and also, my dad has really serious canker sores problem. He doesn't bite at all but apparently he's allergic to certain types of food. Like he can't eat lobster or crab without someone removing the shells for him because the as soon as he bites on the shells he'll have canker sores in a moment. Dunno if that helps.

oxy5 - 2-11-2010 at 09:02 PM

oh, thats interesting

well yeah less fried/oily foods and i dont think i have any allergies

good ways to prevent them sores, but any good ways to cure or soothe the ones already formed?

GetsugaTenshou - 2-11-2010 at 09:08 PM

my folks always say the fastest way is to burn them with salt. helps them heal faster... that's if u are willing to endure the pain first =]

oxy5 - 2-11-2010 at 09:08 PM

take it like a man!
i like that idea, my friends keep telling me to try it but dont got the balls to do it :S

c4_davidai - 2-11-2010 at 09:30 PM

yeah, salt is good.

either disolve some sea salt or table salt in warm water and gargle it in ur mouth.

the fastest way which i use is put salt on it, it burns like crazy but after the pain it wont hurt for a long while.

i usually salt it before i eat cause its a pain to try eat with those fuckers.

sobalo - 2-11-2010 at 09:41 PM

mouth wash is good too. u'll grow out of it when you get older

ipanda - 2-11-2010 at 09:49 PM

i had chicken pox recently and it felt like theres a million cancer sores in my mouth and throat. i used warm salt water to soothe it. drinking lemon+honey+water works too

Vk_ - 2-11-2010 at 10:05 PM

don't put ur fingers in ur mouth like u know how some people like to pick their teeth using their nails or licking their fingers after a saucy meal ...a lot of that contributes to ur canker sore cause of the bacteria in ur hands that most people don't realize... not to mention having healthier meals too!! eating friend oily stuff all contribute to u more likely having a canker sore ... eat healthy drink healthy ...but ya since u already got it u just gotta wait it out ...gargle salt water or mouth wash to keep cleaning the wound so it heals faster

plan17 - 2-11-2010 at 10:07 PM

yeah i've been told that if you avoid fried/oily foods (heaty foods, chinese will understand me) that it prevents that. Something to do with swelling of gums or something... but it works for me at least

dressupmycar - 2-11-2010 at 10:50 PM

I'm also very prone to get cankersore. I've use salt with great result. The cankersore medicine out there only numb the sore to ease the pain but salt actually kills cankersore germs.

ShogunGT - 2-11-2010 at 10:51 PM

there are medical formulae that help. Kanka?

drujai - 2-11-2010 at 11:21 PM

dude go to shoppers drug mart and buy this brand "blistex" use a Q-tip apply a small amount rub onto ur canker sore in the morning. then like maybe mid way thru the day.. guarenteed that itll feel better or start going away the next day or 2

cidix - 2-11-2010 at 11:31 PM

eat less fried or hot food cause it swells up your gums making you more prone to biting yourself.

get more sleep, dont chew too fast, keep the infected part really dry (don't lick or put water on it).

yugrudfoo - 2-12-2010 at 12:27 AM

Stop eating so fast

asussux - 2-12-2010 at 01:04 AM

there is this chinese herbal thing that i always depend on having canker sore.. it is called hou feng san. super popular... and if you put it on it will heal fast ( usually takes me 2-3 days versus a week for a gigantic one)... and it also numb the pain.. try it..

Halfmand - 2-12-2010 at 01:50 AM

dont bite yourself, problem solved. i know we get hungry sometimes but thats no excuse to eat ourselves

â™ Ace - 2-12-2010 at 07:52 AM

i also get crankersore pretty often.
For me, it's probably for eatting too much fried food.
If you want the pain to go away, there is some medicine that makes the crankersore numb; but thats only to reduce the pain temp(4-5 hours?)

CeBin - 2-12-2010 at 08:45 AM

it's becaused ur tired, stressed, and most of all eating too much junk food!!!
so be more active, relax a bit, and start eating healthy... that should fix almost anything ;)

Prj.P - 2-12-2010 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxy5
uhhhgggg, i constantly bite myself in the inside of my mouth and it usually leads to canker sores to form... just recently, i bit myself and caused 2 to form. Even worse is that they join together to create a massive fucker....:mad:

ok man, i had this problem before all the time with canker sores. The BEST SOLUTION I FOUND was to wash your mouth with mouth wash every night or early in the morning when you have the canker sore. AND MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT LICK IT DURING THE DAY TIME OR ANYTIME AT ALL!!!! if you lick it the sore will increase and it will not heal, so what i would do is just ignore it, even when i eat i would just try to eat regularly. Overtime a few days, maximum 3, it would be fine. Try it, cuz this is the best shiet that i've come up with. It was a serious problem for me, but now, i hardly get any because when they start to form, i would not lick it and just ignore it + mouth wash. No more canker sores!!

Gekkeijyu - 2-12-2010 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxy5

damn, man. i get that shit too where i bite my lip/cheek and it hurts like a motherfucker. a "canker" sometimes forms but that's cuz i broke the skin with my teeth and made it bleed out. the worst part is when i bite it once, it'll swell up and make it more likely to be bitten again.

can't give you any advice though, except just to let it heal (ie, eat healthy, drink lots of water). canker meds, salt water, mouthwash.....won't do jack for me cuz i pretty much just have a cut in my mouth

darkray16 - 2-12-2010 at 06:08 PM

that whole chinese concept about 'hot air' increasing when u eat fried food is actually blood acidity, so i would recommend lowering the intake of oil too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker_sore#Causes

the causes are pretty much across the board. i say improve your lifestyle in general.

oxy5 - 2-13-2010 at 08:02 PM

lol hot air... (im chinese, so i get it)

yeah, the shit from Shoppers is shit. doesnt work and it hurts like ffffff when u apply it.

did the salt thing, ended up running round the house for 5 minutes.

interesting to know that licking it will make it worse, cuz i lick mine all the time... and the finger thing ><

thanks for the help and tips to prevent these things in the future. I think that the current ones are healing :headbang:

sobakchi - 2-13-2010 at 08:24 PM

i'm on the wintermelon powder for healin my mouth sores

oxy5 - 2-13-2010 at 08:32 PM

hahahaha i remember that stuff when i was a kid... i think i cried every time my mom whipped that shit out

ShogunGT - 2-13-2010 at 09:57 PM

@ sobakchi.....many people pointed out that the watermelon frost thing you're backing (even last time someone asked about canker sores) is quite dangerous, as it has some health concerns to humans...you should really consider using something else...

@oxy5....what were you trying? I'm pretty sure kanka is a good formula and actually works, so long as you don't do anything too drastic. but yea...whatever you're doing, mix it with what darkray suggested....fruits are good for you...I dunno, go vegetarian for a week or something, and it'll go away

Sk555 - 2-14-2010 at 01:49 AM

this happen to me once it hurts so much just can't even move....i toke liquid advil gel for like 3 weeks and use alot of mouth wash....for me ice cube help me stop the pain a little when...if you have ballz you can just poke at it with a needle and hope for the best...hehe..

tekstyle - 6-22-2010 at 04:24 AM

after the first time you bite yourself, it will get a little swollen even though you might not notice it. the surface will be rougher too due to the injuries. this makes it easier to bite it again and again and again...... you get the picture.

i would just watch out for it and be careful when you eat, or talk. it should heal in a week. if it really bugs you beyond imagine, you can get things gel-like paste called "oralbase" at your local pharmacy, walgreens, etc. just remember to dry the area first before you apply it or else it doesnt stay on. i think there are other products out there similar with some typical anesthetic (benzocaine in low concentrations) to help with the pain.