SilentWish~*
Pepper White

Deleted: 0
Rate: +
Points ($): 10361

Mood: XCcubeW900iTechClipVnDSWii

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote

ohh~ lol that's what i thought~ but just wasn't sure~ haha

hmm.. yea.. i think anyone other than eason.. lol.. cause his voice is just too unique and stable.. and strong~

perhaps i should try leo's old songs.. the ones with lots of FALSETTO lol.. used the new word..
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
iChi
rainieee~~~~

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 290

Mood: |~;......;|~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote

and ur SUCH a ..DEEP fan..try ...sai jeen chui =p (wash cut blowdry) quite a lot of falsetto =p=p ...

omggg i totaly agree with...but then today u dunno how many songs i tried lol..i can always sing parts dat are ...MID range...but once CHORUS ..and like..NON STOP ( no breaks ) of HIGH NOTES..i die...i tried saying "AH NGAU" ( cow) by eason...i mean i THINK i sounded OKK....but when itt came to the CHORUS the REPETITVE ...higher range..i couldnt maintain it...i mean he got higher and higher..and....went ...non stop.i couldnt really...follow..and my throat started feel like....tensing up.=\ .. but like....when i sang ..roanld's ...parrot song..tat was easier..cuz the ....song is quite consistent in terms of pitch thru out hte whole song so dats pretty gd...yah....dats bout it =\

anyone got any good...techniques when singing higher notes?...either like.....prevent ...jau yum ..or like.. wtnot..cuz i know the tensing up of hte muscle is cuz ..i dont have enuf air..so i use too much force on my throat..casuing it to tense up..

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v98/52/23/508973094/n508973094_67502_3134.jpg
GeneralX
Posting Freak

Points ($): 52732

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote

your throat is tense because you still don't know how to put your voice in the right place to sing
there are 3 or 4 areas in your throat that makes sound, dividing into bass area, treble area, high area and sharp area. (i don't know the exact english terms for these areas)
normally, it takes a lot of practice to get to the sharp area, but getting to the high area is already enough.
your throat is tense because your voice and your breath is stuck in the treble area, try to pull your "diu jung" (if you know what i mean) up so that your voice can reach the high area
the exact location of the high area is behind your nose and about 2 cm above your "diu jung". if your voice reaches this area and you sing your high pitch in this, the sound will be powerful and comfortable.

but be careful, if ever, in an attempt to reach the high area, you reach an area where you produce a lot of nasal sound, then your breath has probably gone to the wrong spot, try somewhere else:D

if your voice reaches the high area, it shouldn't be tense, the sound should sound very natural, and you should be very comfortable

[edit] just for your curiosity, the sharp area is located around the spot between your eyes; more precisely, around 1 cm above the spot between your eyes
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member GeneralX's ICQ status Send Points ($)
SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote

yea.. maybe i'll try sai jin chui next time ichi~ since i always sing that at k~ haha
i use to not be able to sing falsetto AT ALL until.. i forgot when.. it just came to me.. although i don't think it's good right now.. but it's a lot better than before~
i think you can practice by trying to sing everything in falsetto.. even low notes of a song.. then it just got to me lol :D
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentWish~*
yea.. maybe i'll try sai jin chui next time ichi~ since i always sing that at k~ haha
i use to not be able to sing falsetto AT ALL until.. i forgot when.. it just came to me.. although i don't think it's good right now.. but it's a lot better than before~
i think you can practice by trying to sing everything in falsetto.. even low notes of a song.. then it just got to me lol :D

hehe, when i started to learn to sing, my voice was so freaking low that i can't even handle the first 3 words of the chorus of shall we talk: "pui ngo gong", i can't get the "gong", voice was too low, how pathetic:D

and because my voice was low, every single high note, i get through it by falsetto, so falsetto was basically the very first aspect i learned
just think that over, i think my voice was weird:P
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member GeneralX's ICQ status Send Points ($)
iChi
rainieee~~~~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote

this is only to SHOW u guys what i meant by ...the part i coudlnt get...its very obviousl cuz i sound bad..REALLY bad...its like..almsot cracknig...*WARNING* u've been warned....

and i just wanted to show u guys that part..and see if any way to ...resolve it or somethign..cuz i really wanan sing this song =\...

*silent wish, please dont put this up on 1st thread, this is only a sample i did for fun..and to ...get advices to maek teh REAL one a better one XD

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21SW29784OZ8I3NYPAUW1GD7L6

Uh...rather than comments i prefer ADVICEs this time =p..

GenX - is there a way to...SING falsetto..ii loked it up its like..something bout using an area under ur throat or somethign..but...i m a lil confused by it..unles i DID it already wiht out knowing..is der any specific ....or at least MOREE .....easy to understnad comcepts? to how to ...achieve it?

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v98/52/23/508973094/n508973094_67502_3134.jpg
GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote

falsetto is produced using your "hei moon" (air door). open your hei moon wide and make the sound; to be precise, there's a muscle attach to the hei moon, when you open it wide, the air pass by that muscle and makes the sound <--- this is what we called falsetto

btw, you did it in this song, in the second chorus

and damn you, i was planning to record this song too:D
SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote

lol this is like the photography thread.. accept with songs lol :P

i was gonna be quick and smart to post your song up ichi.. until i read your msg hahaha

but i think you put the link and the label the other way around lol..
GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote

Back 20 years - SilentWish:
you seem to lack some breath in some spots
good feel, good style, good falsetto, just the last high pitch can be better

good job:)
iChi
rainieee~~~~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote

ahha oops....didnt realize ..
sory bout that XD ..

o U know wt GEN X u can sing it, i'll jsut look for another song..i'll see how its SUPPOSe to be done THEN attmept to..try it..i wnan hear u sing it !! be my guest ..do it !! XD

i did?!....opening the hey moon.and try ..to..squeeze the sound out eh...and the AIR is a big problme for me right now =\

GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote

no, don't squeeze the sound out, falsetto should be relaxed, if you squeeze the sound out, the sound hardens and it's no more falsetto.

try this, ۫ and make a sound
that sound should be falsetto, you can hear that it's soft, it's weak and it wastes huge amount of breath
SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote

haha thanks for listening GenX
and yea.. like i said a few posts earlier.. i didn't have the "air" to sing songs like before :(

but after listening to iChi sing ah cow i wanna sing it too lol~ although i said i won't record anymore easons.. haha but cause i just sang along (at this late of a time) and figured that i was able to sing lol.. i think it's because i recorded my 20 years song right when i woke up this morning when my voice wasn't "opened" so i might try ah chow tomorrow.. hehe

and ichi.. i dunno much about singing so i can't give much advice.. cause i don't even know how to sing properly myself.. haha.. but i think you have to work on mixing your voice in more precisely with the music.. do you zoom in and use trial and error to find the rite spot? cause for me.. i have to zoom in very very close so i can get very precise~ then move it left or right and then mix again if i don't think it sounds good~
GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote

iChi, do you read chinese? i can recommend you a site that talks about Vocal theories
i didn't learn them from there but the explanation is quite clear

http://www.geocities.com/uglyugly2000/
click on Vocal for Beginners

[edit] by the way, i downloaded Adobe Audition 2 today, it's cool edit pro; even the use is 70% similar
700 megs, crzay:)

Adobe made some really good new plugins for mixing, really nice, recommend it to all of you
SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote

thanks GenX for telling us about the program~

just wondering.. does it allow you to mix in layers..? like in photoshop.. whatever you add on becomes a new layer.. and if you wanna change one thing.. you don't need to mess up the rest cause you can just edit that layer?

cause that's one thing i'm looking for the most in mixing programs :)
GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote

you can't do that in goldwave?
you can make an enormous amount of tracks in cool edit pro and mix every tracks in one mix down track

that's what i do to record my songs, 1 track for music, another for vocal part 1, another one for vocal part 2
then at the end, i reverb, filter, treble boost, adjust volume in the vocals tracks and mix everything together
SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote

lol i was wondering if you've been doing that with cool edit pro~ i think maybe cause my gold wave's an old version..? lol gotta check out what they have for new version~ :P
iChi
rainieee~~~~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote

okok i WONT squeeze the sound out the n =p i'll let it out FLOWINGLY XD but yah thx a lot for telling us the site and the program thing.. yah i can read chinese..i read all the lyrics ...cuz i cant remmber a lot of them.=P i couldnt see the chinese word u put on ...the post..it showed up as like...unknown chars

ahah silent wish ..almost got u der wiht the cow song lol... ..thats okkk ur SUPPOSe is gd enuf !! but if u happen to know how to do it ..dats even better XDD then SING ah cow ..who cares ...we can make comparisons on how to improve etc etc ...if ur ABLE to SING IT!! lol...i couldnt sing this following song im ABOUT to post before..cuz my throat was too dry LOl...now i drank something..i SOMEHWAT sang it =p ...yes sir! i shall..work better with my MIXING =p....U CAN ZOOM!?......i never knew that lol...

andddd HERE THE LAST SONG OF THE DAY!!!....

presentss...------ guang liang...=p (please excuse the bad mandarin)
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DJAAPSG6WS1E14VMCIVKVVPNZ

SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote

haha yes you can zoom with goldwave ichi~ but if goldwave doesn't do multi layer editing then i'm gonna switch over to another program~ maybe cool edit pro.. cause adobe is 700mb lol and i don't think i'll use much of the functions anyways~

and ichi.. you sure you wanna keep it on yousendit? you don't wanna put it on savefile so there's no download limit?
GeneralX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote

Fairytale - iChi:

you did it, i heard some falsetto
guess your parents are sleeping again, can't sing loud eh?:D
still need a bit of work in breath handling
still good, at least you learned something, keep it up :thumbsup:
iChi
rainieee~~~~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote

yah...they're asleep..and my aunt is like OUTSIDE my door lol...but YAY!!.i did some falsetto =p=p thx GenX!! but i sitll think like...LOWER key songs might be better...i mean even songs where u dont have to use falsetto.i'll do a lot better...liek..i felt COMFORTABLE singing ah cow....BEFORE it got to the falsetto =\

Hmm..im not sure silent...acutally i can re-up them all onto savefile...u know what i will..please ..wait while i go RE-up them on savefile..!!!

O ur switching progrm?..i used to use COOL EDIT too...but then....i didnt play wiht it TOO much..=\

SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote

hey ichi~ i thought you did the very beginning of the song very very well~ almost sounded like gwong leung~ lol
and i think your voice fits this song very well~ and don't worry about the mandarin cause we're here to sing~ not to pick on language :)

i think you did well in this song~ and yes you did some good falsetto as well~ :thumbsup:

well i'll switch programs if the new goldwave isn't much improvement :)
iChi
rainieee~~~~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote

Waa.....im NO wHERE near him..got a longg way to go =p=p!!!..but then thx for the compliment!! XD ..quite encouraged LOL..oo if u find a better program...please let me know!!!

WOOHOO...falsetto...altho i kinda hate it lOl...cuz then im still not QUITe sure how to do it at will LOl...

but none the less
heres hte link

http://www.savefile.com/files/9116048 - mo lai
http://www.savefile.com/files/9486818 - bai mook yup sun
http://www.savefile.com/files/8485239 - tung wa
http://www.savefile.com/files/1413277 - seung sum dik siu ying mo

thx silent wish!

SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote

haha npnp

iChi, have you tried the yousendit hack that was posted earlier..? the one where you can get unlimited downloads and stuff?

maybe you should try it for your next songs to see if it works~

and yea i use to hate falsetto~ until i could kinda do it lol :P
iChi
rainieee~~~~

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote

u know wt..i never tried that hack...but i jsut gotta find out the....TIME limit...to see if its more than 14 days..but savefile is pretty gd...i mean..IF anyone wnats it AFTEr hte 14 days..they'll..ASK for it lol..so i dont think it'll be a problem..as long as ders ...ENUF time to last =p

ahah..maybe i jsut havnet found my love for it..i mean i LOVE the sound of it..i jsut hate the fact i ..cant do it right lol..onCE i do ..i'l embrace it .and abuse it!! XD ....dont wory silent wish..u got it..at least more than me..by far lol..i like ur songs dey're pretty on key and sounds 85% similar...( well cuz ur voice is unique....unless ur AMAIZNg in imitating..=p) but having ur own ...unique voice wont be bad...wtever works right?! =p

SilentWish~*
Pepper White

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote

haha i use to imitate a lot.. cause i'm sensitive to how each person sings.. like.. i can catch why they sound like that and make myself do the same and sound like them.. but now i try not to imitate cause i think that's not cool if i really wanna sing lol
but then it's hard to sing a song in a different style after you've listened to the original singer soo many times~
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ..  16
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top